+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card expired at the time of the oath

smileyy

May 2, 2012
Hi guys,I have a question for you.Next week I'll have the citizenship ceremony.I just want to ask you if you think I can get any troubles if my PR card it's expired already.Can I have any troubles during they will check my documents or I have nothing to be worried about?
Thank you.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Hi bud,
I you notice letter did they said a valid PR card??? I guess not so no worries make sure you charge all camera batteries to enjoy the ceremony an review it any time, is one Time thing. Congrats

Magtataho

Oct 3, 2012
Buddy,
My PR card was expired when i took the citizenship exam. Im planning to go to US to buy some groceries. But im just a little worried to do that right now thinking they might not allow me to come back in Canada. I dont want to renew my PR card because i already spent some money in the citizenship. I dont know what to do though.

kingmaker

Star Member
Feb 21, 2008
Magtataho said:
Buddy,
My PR card was expired when i took the citizenship exam. Im planning to go to US to buy some groceries. But im just a little worried to do that right now thinking they might not allow me to come back in Canada. I dont want to renew my PR card because i already spent some money in the citizenship. I dont know what to do though.
I guess u must wait for your oath....if ur PR card has expired u cant re-enter in Canada....

Magtataho

Oct 3, 2012
Hi Kingmaker,
Actually i goes back and forth to US even with expired PR card. I have to buy some cheap stuff in US. All you have to do is show your Original confirmation of landing papers with an expired PR card. Tell them that your citizenship is in process. Thats it. Thats what i did and they let me in for quite a few times now.
The confirmation of your landing papers Never expires as long as you have a valid visa to go to US and even with expired PR card with the original confirmation of your landing paper. Your good to go... :D