+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card arrived!! How do we get seized documents returned?

Ceil

Mar 4, 2020
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows the process to have seized documents returned?
Some of you may know our story, my husband had a removal order and was supposed to leave Canada in March from a rejected refugee claim and at that time our family sponsorship had not been approved yet. The CBSA seized his passport and country of origin ID card.

Covid bought us some extra time for the family sponsorship process to be completed. In September he received his CoPR and today his PR card arrived!!!! Much sooner than was expected for sure!

Who do I contact to have his personal documents returned??

thanks so much for all the support, this year has been bittersweet to say the least!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows the process to have seized documents returned?
Some of you may know our story, my husband had a removal order and was supposed to leave Canada in March from a rejected refugee claim and at that time our family sponsorship had not been approved yet. The CBSA seized his passport and country of origin ID card.

Covid bought us some extra time for the family sponsorship process to be completed. In September he received his CoPR and today his PR card arrived!!!! Much sooner than was expected for sure!

Who do I contact to have his personal documents returned??

thanks so much for all the support, this year has been bittersweet to say the least!
Call CBSA explaining the situation, I am sure they will be able to point you in the right direction. Congratulations.