+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application - work on it alone or with a lawyer?

vandacska

Apr 12, 2016
Hello,

I just got my invitation and preparing the PR application. I have realized that it's a little bit more complicated than I thought. It turned out I have misunderstood a few things in the EE application... it's a good thing those can be corrected in the PRA before I receive my document list. Happily I made minor mistakes so my points shouldn't change.
I was just wondering about others experience with the process? Did you do it by yourself or hired a lawyer? Does it give an added value to hire help?

Thank you,

Vanda

tntv

May 2, 2019
It totally depends on how complicated your case is. In my case, my wife and I decided to do it ourselves it all turned out well in the end. Frankly speaking, my case was simple enough so it’s only a matter of gathering all the documents, the rest is pretty straightforward. It certainly took quite a lot of time on our part from start to finish though.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Lawyers will screw up your application and won't take responsibility at all. One of the esteemed 'lawyer' on this forum told an applicant to select 'two or more degrees' when WES clearly gave the evaluation as a 1 yr diploma and 2 yr college. Of course had other members not corrected it this app would have surely be denied.

vandacska

Apr 12, 2016
Lawyers will screw up your application and won't take responsibility at all. One of the esteemed 'lawyer' on this forum told an applicant to select 'two or more degrees' when WES clearly gave the evaluation as a 1 yr diploma and 2 yr college. Of course had other members not corrected it this app would have surely be denied.
Thank you for letting me know about your experience. Probably I will work on my application with my husband and hoping that we can figure it out by ourselves and maybe with a little help from this great community here. :)

vandacska

Apr 12, 2016
It totally depends on how complicated your case is. In my case, my wife and I decided to do it ourselves it all turned out well in the end. Frankly speaking, my case was simple enough so it’s only a matter of gathering all the documents, the rest is pretty straightforward. It certainly took quite a lot of time on our part from start to finish though.
Thank you for your answer! I believe our case isn't too complicated either. We have lived in a few countries in the last 10 years so we will have to gather a few police certificates. But we have started this process a while ago so hoping it wont take terribly long.