+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application without Child Form

ajakob

Oct 28, 2015
Dear Sir/Madam

I have recently received an express entry ITA to apply for a Canadian permanent residency.

Currently, I live in Canada but my child lives outside Canada.

Now I would like to apply the PR application alone without my child at this stage.

In the eligibility section of the PR application form, I have got a question

Do you have any children?

When I answered as "yes" but unaccompanied, the online form asks me to submit supporting documents (i.e., id card, birth certificate, medical etc) for my child.

In contrast to this, in the application/profile details, there is a question stating

Please tell us about you immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.

This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.

• Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.
• When you click "Save and Add", each relative's details will be saved to the list.
• The fields will go blank to let you add details about another relative.
• Use the modify or delete button if you want to change details that you have already saved to the list.

So my question is

Can I answer to the question (in the eligibility section)

Do you have any children?

to "No" and then include the details of my child in the application/profile details section.

In such a case, I do not need to submit supporting documents for my child at this stage.

Is this approach possible?

Thank you for helping me in this issue.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
No, you can't. You have to submit all the supporting documents whether the child is going to accompany you or not.

ajakob

Oct 28, 2015
Bridging Open Work permit

Dear Sir/Madam

I have recently faced a problem in my application.

I have recently received an ITA from express entry and submitted my PR application. In the PR confirmation letter it states that

"... If you are currently working in Canada on a work permit that is about to expire, and you meet all other
requirements, you may use this letter to apply for a bridging open work permit. ..."

Since I am currently working in Canada I have applied for the "open work permit". In the "determine your eligibility" inquiry, I have stated that I have already applied for a PR and I have a valid job offer.

In fact I worked as a Postdoc for the last 3 years, and am currently working with the same employer.

When I apply for an open work permit, the online submission does not ask me to upload the "PR application confirmation letter". It only asks, the filled online form (IMM5710E), photo, passport copy and medical report. And there was an optional part "Optional Documents". In this, I have uploaded only the "postdoc job offer" that I have got from my employers.

Note that here I did not provide any explanation letter stating that I have already applied for a PR, nor uploaded the "PR application confirmation letter". My reason for this is that, the officer have my UCI number and can check if I have already applied for a PR.

Unfortunately, however, my open work permit application has been refused. And the reason for this is as follows

This letter refers to your application for an open work permit.

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

You are not eligible for an open work permit at this time under any of the available programs.

You have provided supporting documentation for Post-Doctoral employment. On February 21, 2015, regulations pertaining to employers hiring Labour Market Impact Assessment exempt foreign nationals under the International Mobility Program (IMP) came into effect:  before the foreign national makes their application for a work permit, the employer must submit an Offer of Employment to the Minister using the electronic system made available by the Department for that purpose;  employers must pay the employer compliance fee of $230.00, unless they are exempt from the fee requirement under subsection R303.1(5).

As you have not provided the Offer of Employment (Labour Market Impact Assessment [LMIA] -exempt) ID number with your work permit application which includes the $230.00 employer compliance fee, your application has been refused under R200(3)(f.1).

Please note that I have checked my PR application and it still says "Review in progress" (I applied two months ago).

Then, I went to the international students adviser/lawyer of my school. And she told me that they are confused because you have uploaded "job offer" which was not required.

1. My first question is does the officer refuses the application just because I uploaded the "job offer"?

2. My second question is does the officer is not aware of my PR application since I did not submit the "PR application confirmation letter"?

What I think is that the officer definitely knows my PR application since he is using the phrase "... at this time ..." in his decision.

And in the letter the officer states that my status is expired on the same day. This forces me to take an action on the same day.

For this reason, I ask the same lawyer what to do. She advice me to reapply again on the same "open work permit". And she told me just to upload only the "PR application confirmation letter" and "refusal decision letter" and provide explanation about the confusion.

My suggestion was to get my employer pay the "employer compliance fee of $230.00" and upload the receipt as suggested in the decision letter. However, when I ask the university lawyer, she advice me to reapply again on the same "open work permit". And she told me just to upload only the "PR application confirmation letter" and "refusal decision letter" and provide explanation about the confusion. And she explain me that if the university pay the "employer compliance fee of $230.00", I may need to apply for a LMIA exempt postdoc application category. And I just go ahead with her suggestion since I did not get time to think about all possibilities.

Now I am worried whether I make the right decision or not?

After thinking for three days, however, I thought that it is safe if I ask my university pay the "employer compliance fee of $230.00" and submit the receipt through the IRCC form to answer the concern of the Officer's decision. However, when I suggest this option, she insist me not to pay this fee, and told me that the submission of this receipt will create another "confusion" on my application.

And then, I suggest to withdraw the "open work permit" application and apply for a normal LMIA-exempt work permit (with a status restoration fee). She is also telling me that such an action will create unnecessary "suspicious" to my application.

And she told me to be patience until the outcome of the "open work permit" application.

The other more complicated stuff is as follows:

I am working for two employers: One employer which I get advice told me that I can still continue working since I did not make any mistake. On the other hand, my other employee inform me that they cannot make a payment since my "open work permit" application is refused.

Old work permit expiry date: Dec. 15, 2016
Refusal decision date: January 20, 2017.
Status expiry date: January 20, 2017 (same day as the refusal decision)

And they mention that since my work permit is refused (on January 20, 2017) after the expiry date of my old work permit (i.e., Dec. 15, 2016), I am not in the "implied status" and not allowed to work, is this correct? or am I still under the implied status?.

I am highly worried on facing such a complicated situation, and I am not totally ready to live without payment and work. And I do not know how to deal with such a situation. I am again worried about the outcome of the new "open work permit" application. And if refused it again, does it hurt my PR application and possibly future LMIA-exempt application?

Please note that I do not like to escalate the situation since I am the one paying the price. Rather would prefer to resolve the situation smoothly, but do not know how?

In this regard, I would appreciate to get an advice on how to proceed?

Thank you for your help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Regardless of everything else, you no longer have implied status. Any work after 20th January is illegal. Your application was refused and that's the end of the matter. Others may be able to advise on restoration of status etc.

ajakob

Oct 28, 2015
Divorce or dissolution of marriage certificate: Express entry PR application

Hi All

I have received an ITA from express entry to apply for the PR. After 2 months, I have received a letter stating to submit divorce or dissolution of marriage certificate in 1 week period.

In the letter it is says that my application could be considered as incomplete if I did not submit the divorce/dissolution of marriage document.

I am a temporary work permit holder working for 3 years in Canada as a postdoc (LMIA exempt). I have married in Africa and I have separated with my wife before I came to Canada. And I have stated as "separated/legally separated" when I applied for the first Canadian work permit. Also for the last 3 years, I have claimed as separated when I file my tax.

In fact, according to "obtain-a-dissolution-of-marriage-392104" (from google), I have entitled to get the "dissolution of marriage" certificate since I have lived in Canada alone for more than 2 years. However, when I request the information regarding the "dissolution of marriage (divorce)" in my country, they told me that

1. In my country, they will give me only the divorce certificate. And getting this certificate will take a lot of time since the divorce process is complex in my country.
2. Furthermore, I may need to go to the court in person in my country to file and follow the case.

However, as I mentioned above, the CIC gave me only 1 week. Also, I am currently working as a contract work where it is difficult for me to take a break for this purpose. In addition, I do not have a TRV visa at the present time.
Please note that currently I do not know the address of my wife. Also, we have a daughter and my daughter is with my family. And the "court" in my country gave a "Guardian" right to my mother . I have applied PR for me and my daughter and, me and my daughter passed the medical result.

My question is
1. Will there be a possibility to get the PR if I provide this explanation letter (together with my Canadian tax information, and the original letter stating that my mother got a "Guardian" right).
2. Or will they give me more time to get the divorce certificate.
3. Or will they simply treat the application as incomplete and close the case.

I would also appreciate to let me know if I am entitled to get the "dissolution of marriage" here in Canada.

Please note that it is not also possible for me to treat my self as married as we are separated and, I will not process immigration for my wife.

I would appreciate your advice what should I do.

Thanks,

ajakob

Oct 28, 2015
Travel From Canada to USA With/without work permit decision letter

I have applied to CIC to extend my work permit. Apparently, my application is still in process. I am planning to travel to USA this Saturday (March 10, 2017) while still my online work permit application is in process. I am hopping to get a positive decision by this Friday or next week.

I have the following two questions

1. If I get the decision letter on Friday (i.e., before I travel), can I use the decision letter to leave and return back to Canada, or Should “some one else in Canada” must send me the work permit in my USA address?

2. The other possibility is if my work permit application is refused for any reason while I am in USA, is it possible for me to reapply and wait for the decision (1 month time) while I am in USA (i.e., keeping Canadian address)? I have a USA Visa and can stay there for 3 months.

Please note that I do not have a TRV Visa and my work permit is already expired 2 months ago. I have already submitted a PR application (still waiting for the decision)

I would appreciate to provide me some official information concerning this so that I can use it during my travel.