+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application - Submitted close to deadline.

tgraham

Mar 22, 2022
Hello,

I have just submitted my Express Entry PR application. I was very close to the deadline disclosed in the ITA letter, I confused the timezones, believing it to be Canadian EST, when it was actually UTC. I exceeded the 12am deadline (at the beginning of the day) by ~1 hour.
The option to complete the application was still enabled and I paid the fee. I have received a confirmation letter saying "confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) through your account on <date>". All the wording says that they've created the file for the application and "We are reviewing your application to determine if it meets the requirements of a complete application according to Section 10..."

So my Application says "submitted" in my IRCC account and the letter indicates it's been received and will be reviewed.
  1. If the invitation had expired and my profile was removed from the pool, should I have received a notification from IRCC for that?
  2. Or has it allowed me to pay the feed, given me a confirmation letter only for my profile that is NOT in the pool anymore?
  3. Should the profile have been disabled to stop me applying if the invitation expired?

Last edited:

serensxh

May 29, 2023
Hello,

I have just submitted my Express Entry PR application. I was very close to the deadline disclosed in the ITA letter, I confused the timezones, believing it to be Canadian EST, when it was actually UTC. I exceeded the 12am deadline (at the beginning of the day) by ~1 hour.
The option to complete the application was still enabled and I paid the fee. I have received a confirmation letter saying "confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) through your account on <date>". All the wording says that they've created the file for the application and "We are reviewing your application to determine if it meets the requirements of a complete application according to Section 10..."

So my Application says "submitted" in my IRCC account and the letter indicates it's been received and will be reviewed.
  1. If the invitation had expired and my profile was removed from the pool, should I have received a notification from IRCC for that?
  2. Or has it allowed me to pay the feed, given me a confirmation letter only for my profile that is NOT in the pool anymore?
  3. Should the profile have been disabled to stop me applying if the invitation expired?
Hey can I ask if IRCC accepted your application eventually? I'm in a similar situation. The ITA deadline has passed, but on the webpage, it still said 1 day left to apply, I ended up submitting 4 hours later than the ITA deadline.