+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application returned - missing police certificate Netherlands

kcs94

Feb 21, 2023
Hello,

My application was returned because we are missing the police certificate from the Netherlands.

However, when I check the police certificate requirements for the Netherlands, it says:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you submit your application for permanent residence. You must submit this letter to the Dutch authorities when you apply for a police certificate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/netherlands.html

I filled out the web form but I'm really worried now. We have to wait longer to get this back. I thought this wasn't required yet?

Can anyone help :(

emma.stewart

Aug 27, 2024
Hi! I am about to submit my application (also a Canadian sponsoring a Dutch partner). What ended up being the issue? Were you supposed to submit it beforehand?

I also see to submit the police certificate afterwards, but I don't want to avoid any delays if this isn't the case.

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Hi! I am about to submit my application (also a Canadian sponsoring a Dutch partner). What ended up being the issue? Were you supposed to submit it beforehand?

I also see to submit the police certificate afterwards, but I don't want to avoid any delays if this isn't the case.
Most likely you risk your application to be returned as incomplete. You'd better submit the PCC with your application.

emma.stewart

Aug 27, 2024
Most likely you risk your application to be returned as incomplete. You'd better submit the PCC with your application.
It says on the website to apply after, and it looks like you need the letter from the IRCC to get the certificate. But I'm wondering why the application of kcs94 was returned saying it was missing. I want to try to avoid this happening when I submit mine.

"You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you submit your application for permanent residence. You must submit this letter to the Dutch authorities when you apply for a police certificate.

Once you receive your police certificate, you must submit it to IRCC for further processing. You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to IRCC if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/netherlands.html

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
It says on the website to apply after, and it looks like you need the letter from the IRCC to get the certificate. But I'm wondering why the application of kcs94 was returned saying it was missing. I want to try to avoid this happening when I submit mine.

"You must provide a police certificate when you apply for permanent residence in Canada.

Once you receive your police certificate, you must submit it to IRCC for further processing. You will also be requested to provide a police certificate to IRCC if you declared a criminal record on your application for an electronic travel authorization, work permit or study permit."

If you cannot get it before the submission of the application, then try to attach a letter of explanation with all the mentioned information.

Reactions: ERCAN