Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
I don't know what's going on with Calgary VO. They seem to be slow in processing applications. Mine is still in process after 8 months. From what I've seen and observed so far, criminality and eligibility are usually passed around the same time. So, I think once your criminality passes, your eligibility status should change to pass. Then security will commence immediately. Unless your application was sent in for further review and for that, you will only know when you order gcms notes. That's what I know
Yeah! so frustrating. I called them in January and again two days ago. my application is still at the same stage which was in January. I wish i could do something to speed up my application:(

pranitha

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
That's great news. I also noticed that my application was updated this evening after months of silence. I'm hoping to receive some good news soon. Yesterday made it 8 months since I applied
what update did you see? happy to hear that their is some progress on Calgary applications.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Hello, regarding your note about passport expiry, if you do not receive your PPR email in a month time or so, I'd suggest you renew your passport and send a copy of the renewed passport to IRCC via Case Specific Enquiry. Just to be on the safe side. Just a thought though

Thanks, I'm actually in Ottawa right now visiting the embassy of my home country to apply for new passport. Should get it in about a month.

How long has it been from your AOR?
Is security the only thing left?

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
Thanks, I'm actually in Ottawa right now visiting the embassy of my home country to apply for new passport. Should get it in about a month.

How long has it been from your AOR?
Is security the only thing left?
Okay. Great. My AOR is July 26, 2018 and I'm a CEC candidate. Eligibility and Criminality have been checked passed since September 2018. Security has been ongoing since then. I think my application was sent for security screening

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
Thank you
Here are my details

AoR - 6 April’18
Eligibility and Criminality (Passed) - 26 May’18
SS start date for myself - 26 May’18
SS complete date - Dec’18
File approved - 18 Jan’18
Landing interview email received - 7 Feb’18
Landing interview - 14 Feb’18

CEC - Inland
Hello,
Quick question. Where was your local VO? Was your application approved at IRCC Calgary or Ottawa?

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Okay. Great. My AOR is July 26, 2018 and I'm a CEC candidate. Eligibility and Criminality have been checked passed since September 2018. Security has been ongoing since then. I think my application was sent for security screening
Was your eligibility and criminality done at Calgary VO?

I've read somewhere that it's not actually taking that long for SS to be done, the issue is that no one opens the report at VO for months after they receive it.
With Calgary that kind of makes sense. My application was transferred there after R10, beginning of Dec, and it's still untouched ...

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello,
Quick question. Where was your local VO? Was your application approved at IRCC Calgary or Ottawa?
Primary VO was Calgary and Secondary VO was Etobicoke
I understand that application was approved at Calgary VO and then for the final processing handed over to Etobicoke VO

pranitha

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
I understand that application was approved at Calgary VO and then for the final processing handed over to Etobicoke VO
After how many days it was transferred to other VO? Can you also tell me after what stage?

pranitha

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019

I've read somewhere that it's not actually taking that long for SS to be done, the issue is that no one opens the report at VO for months after they receive it.
With Calgary that kind of makes sense. My application was transferred there after R10, beginning of Dec, and it's still untouched ...
I can’t stop thinking that we are hardly few people in this thread whose applications are processed at Calgary and most of them are beyond the 6months timeframe.. It can’t be right? There must be more applications and getting processed within the timeframe?

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019

Yes! My eligibility and criminality were both passed at Calgary VO. Maybe Calgary VO is slow in processing PR applications because that Centre mainly processes citizenship applications. At this point, I know that my security check is what's delaying my application because I contacted my MP in February, who reached out to IRCC Ottawa to find out what was delaying my application. Ottawa contacted Calgary IRCC for an update and the told my MP that my security check was still in process. The last gcms notes I ordered also showed updates made in the security section.. if I do not get any PPR email within the next two weeks, I'll request for gcms notes and also contact my MP again. There was a ghost update on my account page yesterday, so I'm hoping for good news

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
I see. My primary VO is Calgary and secondary is Yellowknife. Thanks for the response

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
what update did you see? happy to hear that their is some progress on Calgary applications.
Hi Pranitha,
I'm not sure what the update was. I just logged in and noticed that my application was updated by no changes so I believe that it just meant that an officer touched my file this week. Now I'm not sure if that was my security check being updated or just an officer documenting the Case Specific Enquiry I made earlier this week asking what was going on with my application. I know that IRCC documents all calls or messages sent to them regarding an application. So, that could have been the reason why I received that ghost update yesterday. Not sure though

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
After how many days it was transferred to other VO? Can you also tell me after what stage?
These details are not available wrt in how many days it was transferred from primary to secondary VO
However my application was approved on 18 Jan and I received request for interview on 7 Fev

pranitha

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
These details are not available wrt in how many days it was transferred from primary to secondary VO
However my application was approved on 18 Jan and I received request for interview on 7 Fev
Hmmm.. it means they whole delay is in Calgary itself. Anyways, thanks for letting me know.

pranitha

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
Hi Pranitha,
I'm not sure what the update was. I just logged in and noticed that my application was updated by no changes so I believe that it just meant that an officer touched my file this week. Now I'm not sure if that was my security check being updated or just an officer documenting the Case Specific Enquiry I made earlier this week asking what was going on with my application. I know that IRCC documents all calls or messages sent to them regarding an application. So, that could have been the reason why I received that ghost update yesterday. Not sure though
Ok. Thanks for replying, keep us posted and good luck:)