+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application is in process, work permit getting expired next year , employer want me to go back offshore , can I quit the job and apply for BWOP

rajimis

Jul 16, 2020
Hello All,
Need your valuable suggestions.
I'm currently in closed work permit , I have applied for PR last December , currently it's in last stage of processing . Now my employer want me to go back as project has been over here.
Due to some personal issue I can't go back now . So can anyone suggest me if I'm eligible for apply BWOP and search for another job here ?
Thank you !

rajimis

Jul 16, 2020
Thanks for replying..
In case if my employer sent me back and provide me the letter that the position is no longer valid here , in that case can I apply for BWOP?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Your work permit is two things - permission to work and separately permission to stay in Canada. Both of those things expire on the same day. If you quick your current job, your work permit will be valid but you couldn't legally work anywhere else - but you have status to remain in Canada legally. When you are within 4 months of the expiry of that work permit, you can apply for a BOWP - assuming that you have a letter from Express Entry confirming the submission of a complete application.
That's how the rules work, whatever your boss may have to say.

rajimis

Jul 16, 2020
Thanks for that..

So what in case employer send me as the work is over here ? In that case if I put paper will I'm eligible for BWOP ?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
When you are within 4 months of the expiry of your work permit, you can apply for a BOWP - assuming that you have a letter from Express Entry confirming the submission of a complete application.