+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application for Protected persons(2024)

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
I got a protected person status last year in June 2023 after 7 months in Canada, and applied for PR in January14, 2024. The immigration acknowledged receipt of my application on July 2024, and I have received a letter for biometric. How long does it take before they ask for my passport picture and PR confirmation ? Each one can share his timeline as well.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
I got a protected person status last year in June 2023 after 7 months in Canada, and applied for PR in January14, 2024. The immigration acknowledged receipt of my application on July 2024, and I have received a letter for biometric. How long does it take before they ask for my passport picture and PR confirmation ? Each one can share his timeline as well.
Why did you wait 7 months to apply? That was not smart

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
It's a 25months processs, the only thing you can do is wait.

Zuzu1111

Jul 24, 2024
That’s due to personal reasons , don’t judge people.
they probably meant that it wasn't smart to delay it even a week since the processing times are more than 2 years on a good day! (check 2022 applicants thread)

harman@5200

Jul 15, 2024
Hello
My name is harman
I have applied my refugee case in june 2024 and also did my medical exm after one week of applying refugee case.
Its been more than since my case is referred to IRB, but i haven't received my work permit and other refugees docs.
Note: i have applied refugees case inside canada
And hadn't given any eligibility interview
Any important information would be helpful
Thanks.

broccoli13

Star Member
Jul 19, 2024
Hello
My name is harman
I have applied my refugee case in june 2024 and also did my medical exm after one week of applying refugee case.
Its been more than since my case is referred to IRB, but i haven't received my work permit and other refugees docs.
Note: i have applied refugees case inside canada
And hadn't given any eligibility interview
Any important information would be helpful
Thanks.
How did your case got referred to IRB if you haven’t go through any eligibility interview?

harman@5200

Jul 15, 2024
Please tell me what is happening with me
Is there any scenario where they can skip the interview
My agent even sent me confirmation of referral, but he said they didn't receive any other documents
I m so worried
Please somebody help

Sarah Farman

Aug 11, 2024
M no lawyer but I know that at least there is no way for anyone to skip the interview, without an interview ur file cannot b submitted in IRB or anywhere for that matter.
u must check there may b some confusion.