Med's Request
No....
Med's Done....
29/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
I want to ask what is the minimum marks one should get in there studies to apply for work permit and afterwards PR...............................

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hey Sid,

I guess you can see that on your college website. You just basically have to be in Good standing, as far as i recall from my college website.

For PR - there is no grade requirement. You have to have worked atleast 1 year in Canada - thats the main requirement. So if you are in 2-3 yr program, study one year quietly, for the next year ask your college that you have financial difficulties and you want to work for 1 year. They can't say no as you already are allowed to work for 2-3 years depending on the length of your program.

Work for that 1 yr and then apply for immigration through CEC stream. Go back to college to study 2nd year and within 9 months you will get PR.

All the best!

tiger007

Champion Member
InfoSeeker12 said:
For PR - there is no grade requirement. You have to have worked atleast 1 year in Canada - thats the main requirement. So if you are in 2-3 yr program, study one year quietly, for the next year ask your college that you have financial difficulties and you want to work for 1 year. They can't say no as you already are allowed to work for 2-3 years depending on the length of your program.

Work for that 1 yr and then apply for immigration through CEC stream. Go back to college to study 2nd year and within 9 months you will get PR.

All the best!

@ InfoSeeker12 -- Kindly 1st seek some reliable info... before advising others.

What you said is absolutely wrong, and totally false advice
You CANNOT leave your studies midway, work for 1 year and then study again... and then get PR!!!! Who told you that?
You are advising a fellow forum member, simply on your crazy notions, without checking on the facts. Wake up! Go and check the actual rules.

One needs to complete the full course... min. 2 sem/8 months to whatever duration it may be... from a recognized Canadian college or University... then apply for PGWP- post grad Work permit,whose length will be decided on the actual duration of one's course. Only then, one can start working full time... and work full time (mostly skilled, some provinces accept unskilled/semi skilled jobs) for anywhere between zero (Quebec - direct CSQ if study approved degrees and have intermediate knowledge of French and another points based regular route and Ontario - only full time skilled job offer from approved employer required to get nomination) to 3 months (Nova Scotia) to 6-12 months(most PNPs and CEC - based on different immigration routes of different provinces), for one to get nomination/selection certificate, to apply for PR or direct PR under CEC.

@ Sid Mani
Always cross check the facts by referring to the official govt. websites- to know the actual rules, regulations and procedures.

To know about various student immigration routes for international students in Canada, visit this older post, where the official links to all the student immigration programmes are listed.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

Hope it clears any confusion.

Sid Mani

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Raipur
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-11-2012
Doc's Request.
9/11/2012
IELTS Request
Ielts 6.5 overall
Med's Request
No....
Med's Done....
29/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
tiger007 said:

You CANNOT leave your studies midway, work for 1 year and then study again... and then get PR!!!! Who told you that?
You are advising a fellow forum member, simply on your crazy notions, without checking on the facts. Wake up! Go and check the actual rules.

One needs to complete the full course... min. 2 sem/8 months to whatever duration it may be... from a recognized Canadian college or University... then apply for PGWP- post grad Work permit,whose length will be decided on the actual duration of one's course. Only then, one can start working full time... and work full time (mostly skilled, some provinces accept unskilled/semi skilled jobs) for anywhere between zero (Quebec - direct CSQ if study approved degrees and have intermediate knowledge of French and another points based regular route and Ontario - only full time skilled job offer from approved employer required to get nomination) to 3 months (Nova Scotia) to 6-12 months(most PNPs and CEC - based on different immigration routes of different provinces), for one to get nomination/selection certificate, to apply for PR or direct PR under CEC.

@ Sid Mani
Always cross check the facts by referring to the official govt. websites- to know the actual rules, regulations and procedures.

To know about various student immigration routes for international students in Canada, visit this older post, where the official links to all the student immigration programmes are listed.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

br0.......
there is nothing written in any site about the marks requirement for pr n work permit................then also the minimum requiement should be to pass in all the core subjects??????????i study in rrc manitoba so for pnp it requires on 6 months of work which should be in any fied i suppose////////////

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
tiger007 said:

@ Sid Mani

Mr. Tiger, please calm down first, otherwise you know, tigers are sedated when they get all violent.

@ Sid.

Yes your pet tiger have quoted correctly that PGWP are only given after completing the course. He's right on! But there is a thing called Co-Ops which apparently the tiger doesnt know. Co-ops are basically a full semester spent away from class, but in a work place to get practical experience. You work in the field of your study. And in most cases your Co-op is facilitated by your college/university. Co-ops are paid (in most cases - just choose your program wisely). There are 3 yrs BSc courses which has 3 coops and those coops could be combined into 1 yr pro-longed session. Students from Georgian college in automotive and computer program have done this and applied for the CEC immigration.

One more thing the cyber tiger needs to get correct. You can work full time whenever you are off from your studies. That means any holidays or when you are supposed to get the practical experience -
means during your co-op. So yes you can work full time before graduating!

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Sid..

check out the following links in your college website, red river.

Here's your answer - Minimum GPA of 2.0..that's what you need in each semester to start working outside the college. Sid, you can make a search on your college website and you will get all these docs:
http://www.rrc.ca/files/File/international/RRCEligibilityInfoSheet.pdf

Co-op: http://www.rrc.ca/files/File/international/WorkPermitforCo-opPrograms.pdf

By the way, i have been to Winnipeg, long time back. Its winter now, but any chance you been to Assiniboine park? Good ol' memories..

All the best dude.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Sid Mani said:
I want to ask what is the minimum marks one should get in there studies to apply for work permit and afterwards PR...............................

1. You need to pass your course successfully, completing all requirements of graduation. No minimum marks prescribed.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

InfoSeeker12 said:
Mr. Tiger, please calm down first, otherwise you know, tigers are sedated when they get all violent.

@ Sid.

Yes your pet tiger have quoted correctly that PGWP are only given after completing the course. He's right on! But there is a thing called Co-Ops which apparently the tiger doesnt know. Co-ops are basically a full semester spent away from class, but in a work place to get practical experience. You work in the field of your study. And in most cases your Co-op is facilitated by your college/university. Co-ops are paid (in most cases - just choose your program wisely). There are 3 yrs BSc courses which has 3 coops and those coops could be combined into 1 yr pro-longed session. Students from Georgian college in automotive and computer program have done this and applied for the CEC immigration.

One more thing the cyber tiger needs to get correct. You can work full time whenever you are off from your studies. That means any holidays or when you are supposed to get the practical experience -

1. Agreed with Tiger.
2. You first need a graduate degree (or equivalent) in hand before you apply for any PR options.
3. You can count Co-op work experience towards your CEC option only if you have already graduated in Canada, and now pursuing a second degree with Co-op experience based on NOC O,A,B (full/part time). Co-op experience from your first degree is useless under CEC.

tiger007

Champion Member
Sid Mani said:
br0.......
there is nothing written in any site about the marks requirement for pr n work permit................then also the minimum requiement should be to pass in all the core subjects??????????i study in rrc manitoba so for pnp it requires on 6 months of work which should be in any fied i suppose////////////
Hi,
Yes.. no marks requirement for PR. But for OFF campus WP, usually good academic standing is expected, and then after 1st 6 months, one can apply for OFF campus WP, for working part time- max 20 hours/week.

Yes. for PR via Maniotba PNP, provided the course is atleast 1 academic year long/2 sem :
1. Pass all course requirements, get transcripts, proof you have completed the full course(with or without co-op/internship..for which you need to procure another Co-Op work permit, beofre you start your co-op).
2. Apply for PGWP, and receive it
3. Work ANY full time job in Manitoba, for 6 full months, continuously under SAME employer.
4. Then, while working in that same job... get a full time long term job offer from that same employer... and apply for Manitoba International Student PNP nomination.
5. Receive MPNP nomination, usually max within 6 more months(they give priority for Manitoba based students).
6. Then apply for PR with the Federal Govt.

Offical link: http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/strategic-initiatives/international-students/

Hope it's clear now.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

tiger007

Champion Member
InfoSeeker12 said:

@ Sid.

Hi,

I'm calm. and yet shocked..at how easily you give wrong and dangerous advice to fellow forum member, without knowing any facts. Not once you mentioned about CO-op... and we all can read..what you posted... -- and I repeate:

STATEMENTS BY --Infoseeker12
<<<"You have to have worked atleast 1 year in Canada - that's the main requirement. So if you are in 2-3 yr program, study one year quietly, for the next year ask your college that you have financial difficulties and you want to work for 1 year. They can't say no as you already are allowed to work for 2-3 years depending on the length of your program.

Work for that 1 yr and then apply for immigration through CEC stream. Go back to college to study 2nd year and within 9 months you will get PR. ">>>

You are clearly advising the member to lie..and manipulate... that's your idea of integrity huh?

And I'm very well aware what co-op is... and co-op's as part of course... and co-op separately will be considered ONLY if u hv completed studies... not like wht u suggested....and there are certain rules attached to it..as mentioned by enfield.

So..nor I'm anyone's pet..nor can be sedated so easily..as you perceive...I'm a member of this forum..who will advise only on a topic..with which I'm fully aware of, that too with a disclaimer.
So.. before calling names... try to keep check on your retarded replies and counter-replies.

Remember..at the end of the day..we are here to help each other, share our knowledge and at same time learn from each other.

Have a Good day.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
tiger007 said:

@ Sid Mani

Hi Tiger,

I'm planning to go for a 1 year PGD program in a college, on completion of the program i will be eligible for 1 year PGWP. Its known.

Once i aquire my PGWP i can start my full time job search in a relevant steam.

Say for instance if i wanted to join another PGD program in the same period while searching for a job, what will be my status in terms of the following:
>will i be in student permit or PGWP?
>If Im in student permit can i search for full time job as i have already completed my previous program? will the employer not ask for work permit?
>If Im in PGWP at the same time continuing my studies, how many years of PGWP will be awarded to me after completing my second program. will that be another 1 year or 3 years?

It would be of great help if you could help me on this as consultants are really confusing us.

Thanks.

tiger007

Champion Member
New_Aspirant said:
Hi Tiger,

I'm planning to go for a 1 year PGD program in a college, on completion of the program i will be eligible for 1 year PGWP. Its known.

Say for instance if i wanted to join another PGD program in the same period while searching for a job, what will be my status in terms of the following:
>If Im in student permit can i search for full time job as i have already completed my previous program? will the employer not ask for work permit?
>If Im in PGWP at the same time continuing my studies, how many years of PGWP will be awarded to me after completing my second program. will that be another 1 year or 3 years?

It would be of great help if you could help me on this as consultants are really confusing us.

Thanks.

Hi,

PGWP is ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity for international students in Canada. So, once you get a 1 year PGWP after doing a 1 year course.. that' s it... you can never again apply for PGWP. You have to find a skilled/unskilled work(depending upon province/immigration programme) and do that job for 0-12 months(again depending upon immigration programme/province) and try to get your provincial nomination or PR under CEC within that 1 year period. If your PGWP expires, before your nomination..then there are other lengthy way of getting your work permit extended such as getting positive LMO (labor market opinion) from CIC. It's quiet a bit of complex and lengthy procedure, and positive result is not always guaranteed. So, if you are unsure, that you may not fulfill the requirements within 1 year to apply for PR/nomination..then to be on safer side, its better to do a 2 academic years/4 sem/min. actual 16 months of study (especially when you are doing form a college) and be eligible for a 3 years PGWP..which will give you more than enough time to fulfill the requirements to be eligible to apply for a PR.

To know more about various student immigration programmes see this previous thread:

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

New_Aspirant said:
Hi Tiger,

Thanks.

1. It will be a student status with a new SP.
2. No, you can't, PGWP will get cancelled automatically.
3. Your choice if you want to apply for PGWP after 1st or 2nd course, but you will get it only once.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Hi Tiger & Enfield,

Thanks a lot for your valuable information. Until now i was under a wrong assumption on PGWP.

I also have one more query regarding the program PGD (ontario graduate certificate), are these degrees accepted in india?

If incase i wish to return to my home country after education what are the options available in india?

Thanks.

tiger007

Champion Member
New_Aspirant said:
I also have one more query regarding the program PGD (ontario graduate certificate), are these degrees accepted in india?

If incase i wish to return to my home country after education what are the options available in india?

Thanks.
Hi,

Forget India, I doubt how useful those PG business certificates from Ontario colleges are... in finding "REAL" employment, even in Canada. I mean, don't get me wrong.. that doesn't mean.. all such courses are not upto standard or one cannot find an actual skilled job in his/her field of study after doing these college PG certificates... Some people do get skilled jobs after these courses as getting a skilled job is totally on an individual..his/her talents..skills.. academic standing, work ex and most importantly effective networking and luck. Most of these Ontario based PG business certificate courses are heavily promoted by agents in India as they provide an easy entry to Canada on student visa. Later students get PGWP..and try to get PR. These courses are usually filled with desis/ international students looking for a quick pathway to immigration. Canadian colleges are very good for doing trade courses, trade certificates/diplomas, practical certificates/ diplomas in various fields such as practical nursing, culinary arts, physiotherapy assistant, pharmacy technician, engineering diplomas etc. etc. which are usually filled by Canadians and are pursued after 10th or 12th grade. In short, I don't see how those PG certificates are going to help in India. I mean, they can help you get a job in India..again on your talent/skills, work ex,... your capabilities to bag a job..but in general.. they are as good as any normal qualifications. Honestly, if you are planning to spend so much money and study these ON college PG business certificate courses.. you either make up your mind to stay in Canada/try to get PR..or better stay back in India and do such courses at a fraction of cost. Rest.. upto you.

Best of Luck

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.