+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR after Private College

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Haha, that is not gibberish. Its punjabi language spoken here in india, punjab. Well, i don't see him as an agent. He is just trying to say his opinion about the college or conversations he listened to. So don't be angry, just say your thing with proof or link so people can decide themselve what they going to do. Its their own future afterall. Relax ;)
Don't you see the link above as proof.

This is not a Punjabi forum. You need to relax not me.

Rubabbrar20

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Haha, that is not gibberish. Its punjabi language spoken here in india, punjab. Well, i don't see him as an agent. He is just trying to say his opinion about the college or conversations he listened to. So don't be angry, just say your thing with proof or link so people can decide themselve what they going to do. Its their own future afterall. Relax ;)
Yeah . . I am also a student . . I was just giving opinion and he blamed me that i am an agent . . I am feeling so bad

Reactions: Lovesahota92

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Don't you see the link above as proof.

This is not a Punjabi forum. You need to relax not me.
I know mate, its not a punjabi forum. I was just trying to tell you and yes i see the above link as proof, but what i am saying is just give the proof or link and your work is done. Don't be worried about what anyone else is saying.

Rubabbrar20

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Oh
Illiterates like you Malign the reputation of this forum
O hello .. u r crossing ur limits now . . The way you are barking depicts that you are illiterate not me . . Nd you just need to give your opinion that's ol . . But you are pointing others . .

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Any college that takes these scores is not a good college and the qualifications will not be worth much. Even if by some luck the OP does get a visa (highly doubtful as the scores are so low), the level of education will not be as good as places that accept people with higher scores. Colleges that accept low english scores are setting people up to fail.

Reactions: Immstu

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
For all that are choosing the Private colleges. Make sure they follow the rules that have been posted on this thread. Going to a private college will reduce the possibility of getting a PGWP drastically. This is not trying to scare people, because at the end of the day, they will apply for wherever they want. But, if they don't get PGWP or find it difficult to get PR based on the education, they can't say that they didn't have all the facts. For a few dollars saving, is it worth the risk?
PRIVATE COLLEGES ARE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE IN CANADA. If an employer gets a resume from someone that went there it goes in the garbage. Remember the number of highly educated people in Canada; you have a LOT of competition. Sixty % of our population has a degree or diploma.

JimStay

Jan 1, 2019
Wherever you decide to take a course make sure the college is a public college and then on graduation apply for a PGWP given the work experince gained as long as NOC 0,A or B will help towards any future PR application. There are special rules for a PGWP application if attending private in Quebec so you would nee dto investgate if meets the requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html

As for getting a study permit you need to share a bit more information such as current qualifications, planned course, any work experience and proficiency in English/French if you plan to go to Quebec. Add to that how attending college in Canada helps in your career aspirations when you return to your home country
This is very useful information for me. Thank you very much for the link!

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Im planning to go to a 16week program in a private college. I was told I won't be eligible for à WP after graduation. My question is When I finish the 16week program, if I transfer to a public college or university, will I be able to get a PW after I graduate.?
You will find Private College credits are not accepted by most public institutions for transfer credit.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Here is an excellent summary for those considering Private Schools:
http://www.torontolip.com/Portals/0/Resources/Education/Hard Lessons Newcomers and Ontario Private Colleges - FINAL for LIP.pdf

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Quite a dossier. Awesome. My understanding is that some small percentage of students are duped into joining private colleges whereas maximum join it to bypass the working regulations here. Those who join these colleges are given a bait to bring in more into the cesspool. Vicious cycle I must say. Government should ban these for international students. They are ghettos for illegal workers who disguise as students

Reactions: visatest

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
It's an interesting report but isn't this focused more of people who have just landed in Canada after getting PR and not International students.

To get a DLI number a college would have to follow a set of standards and regulations and without a DLI number you can't accept International students.

While I agree with you that private colleges are not
as attractive over public colleges this report doesn't really help International students as it would be impossible to join such colleges as they would not get a DLI number.

Reactions: Lovesahota92

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
It's an interesting report but isn't this focused more of people who have just landed in Canada after getting PR and not International students.

To get a DLI number a college would have to follow a set of standards and regulations and without a DLI number you can't accept International students.

While I agree with you that private colleges are not
as attractive over public colleges this report doesn't really help International students as it would be impossible to join such colleges as they would not get a DLI number.
Thats what i am thinking too. Not every private college is same. Some are good too and provide pgwp.