+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR via email or myCIC message

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, wanted to ask this question as I have read different posts from different people. For those of you who have got PPR, does the PPR come as an email in your inbox? Or do you first receive a myCIC email advising yoir account has been 'Updated' and then check MyCIC messages in your MyCIC Account?

I will be clearing my inbox and checking both just in case but I thought I would ask the question anyway.

Thanks in advance of your replies.

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case, the PPR email came from CIC to my EMAIL INBOX directly , and did NOT show in myCIC INBOX ever.

It is titled "ready for visa".

So be careful and always keep an eye on your email and junk folder.

Reactions: Uvr

redhilltree

Jul 14, 2016
JoacRy said:
Hi all, wanted to ask this question as I have read different posts from different people. For those of you who have got PPR, does the PPR come as an email in your inbox? Or do you first receive a myCIC email advising yoir account has been 'Updated' and then check MyCIC messages in your MyCIC Account?

I will be clearing my inbox and checking both just in case but I thought I would ask the question anyway.

Thanks in advance of your replies.
Mine was email and hasn't showed up in MyCIC yet. I read from other threads that MyCIC status changes later once the VISA is stamped. Doesnt make sense to me, but looks like that's how it's happening. Just read another thread where someone missed the 30 day deadline as the mail was in Junk. So be alert guys

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
same here ...I got a direct ready for visa email in my email account!...no changes in CIC account or no email in CIC account either!

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
aaro27 said:
same here ...I got a direct ready for visa email in my email account!...no changes in CIC account or no email in CIC account either!
Quick doubt. In case of husband & wife applying jointly, would the PPR email come separately in both accounts or would it be only in the PA's account?

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
GokulGuruprasad said:
Quick doubt. In case of husband & wife applying jointly, would the PPR email come separately in both accounts or would it be only in the PA's account?
Comes to PA's email only.

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
GokulGuruprasad said:
Principal applicant only!

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
GokulGuruprasad said:
So the PR and spouse have to take 2 print outs of the same email and submit the passports along with photographs to VFS?
Yeah if you are submitting all the passports together ,then just need one copy but if you guys submitting in two different locations to different VO's ,then a copy with every passport sent.

Linuxaway

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
IELTS Request
12-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
19-07-2017
This is a good point. I though the PPR notification will send through MyCIC.
Do I need to send a passport copies or actual passport?

Regards,

thrissookkaran

Star Member
Dec 9, 2015
Linuxaway said:

Regards,
I got it through MyCIC. Got an email saying you have a message and when I opened MyCIC, got passport request (happened last month, London VO).

Reactions: DDhillon

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Linuxaway said:

Regards,
Yeah, it seems to depend on the VO. I got it through MyCIC (Manila VO), while CPC-Ottawa and NDVO applicants seem to get it directly via email.

You will send copies of your passport if you are from a visa-exempt nation. Else, send your passport for the visa counterfoil.

Reactions: Anki1389

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you guys please share the email address you received the PPR from? Ankara VO and Ottawa VO in particular would be great. I just want to whitelist those emails, just in case...

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
Email comes from IRCC.XXX.IRCC@cic.gc.ca mail box. I'm not sure whether I should post the complete mailbox address or not so replaced the center part with XXX.

This happened to me and some other applicants as well that from the subject line it just seems like a SPAM but make sure you open the email. The email subject will be Ready for Visa / Pret pour Visa.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: rasel