+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR sent in error

user94531

Dec 2, 2023
Asking for a friend.

Applied (June 15).

Biometrics completed (June 26).

Got PPR for Study Permit 18 days after applying (July 3).

Application status showed approved.

Less than a week after the PPR was received, the passport was submitted via VFS.

Upon receiving back the passport via courier service, it didn't have any stamp and had a letter saying

Your request for visa issuance has not been processed and your passport is being returned because of the following reason:

Passport Request Letter was sent in error. Your application is still in progress.(July 25)

The passport is in perfect condition, there isn't a damage or a cut.

Has anyone faced this before?

What could be the reason?

Thanks in advance

Bin1Salim

Jul 29, 2024
hey,

I am actually facing the same situation.

Applied on March 3 2024

Biometrics done on 12 March 2024

Medical done on 4 April 2024

Passport Request Letter was received on 26 June 2024 and submitted on 27 June 2024

1 July 2024 got a call from VFS to collect my passport and the reason was the PPR was sent by mistake by an IRCC agent.

Collected my passport on 2 July 2024 and no letter was included in the envelope. So I sent a webform and got the below reply:

" Good day.

Indeed, the passport request letters were sent in error as these applications are yet to be finalized. Once finalized, correspondence will be sent to the clients' online accounts. We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Regards, "

IRCC didn't give a reason.

hakimovtohirbek

Dec 20, 2023
Asking for a friend.

Applied (June 15).

Biometrics completed (June 26).

Got PPR for Study Permit 18 days after applying (July 3).

Application status showed approved.

Less than a week after the PPR was received, the passport was submitted via VFS.

Upon receiving back the passport via courier service, it didn't have any stamp and had a letter saying

Your request for visa issuance has not been processed and your passport is being returned because of the following reason:

Passport Request Letter was sent in error. Your application is still in progress.(July 25)

The passport is in perfect condition, there isn't a damage or a cut.

Has anyone faced this before?

What could be the reason?

Thanks in advance
Your friend received Correspondence Letter as well?

user94531

Dec 2, 2023
Any updates bro?
The webform has been replied to, it says "yes your application is processing, we know how important this process is to you"

That's all.

I feel at this point if someone is in the same boat, consider deferring if winter intake is available.