+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR received from New Delhi CIC. Asking for more documents.

amisese

Feb 25, 2010
Hi All,
I got the PPR from CHC New Delhi by mail on 1st march. My husband sponsored for my PR in August 2009. Along with the PPR letter they have also asked for my sponsor's passport copy, his employment letter and also they have sent a background check form which I need to fill up and send it back to them. I was worried if this is a usual procedure or they are still in doubt? Why would CIC ask extra forms and such proofs now, when we had sent it already and what should you expect in return to happen after submitting the forms?

Moreover, in letter its mentioned in bold that " This letter doesnt guarantee of VISA issuance."
I am confused what they mean by this statement.
It would be great if someone who has the same experience can share it with me in this forum.

Thanks for your help.

D

DD1for2

Hi,

Nothing to worry this is a normal Visa procedure. Your sponsor was suppose to send these docs initially along with the application to CPC Mississauga. The requested docs are in the checlist of CPC which goes along with application package.Fill out the form, ask your sponsor to provide you with his/her PP photocopy.

As far as other line that you mentioned is concerned is pretty norma, these letters are pre-drafted & CHC only put your file number & name to mail it to you.

Letter I received was something like this only but i was not asked for anything as my husband submitted everything at once whatever was there in the checklist. They have started new process of requesting passport early in the process, once they are satisfied with your relationship you will receive you pics & original docs back from CHC. Your passport will be sent in a separate registered mail.

amisese

Feb 25, 2010
Hi DD1for2,

Thanks for your reply.
We had already submitted my husband's passport copy, his employment refrence letter and background check form when we submitted the application forms in august 2009. CIC is asking them again now. That is why I was in doubt, that why do they need it again.

D

DD1for2

Hi,

I can't really ans this question. I am guessing they might need fresh copy of travel history form, Job letter provided to your husband form his company on their letter head & photocopy of passport again with bigraphical pages showing name,addresses etc. Also send his PR copy if Permanent Resident. Make sure you have provided correct information & never try to hide anything from CHC, it might cuase issues.

ohman4966

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We got asked for more dtailed background info and some documents such as marriage cert which was already sent with application from the start but we did what they asked and a few weeks later came the PPR and they informed us the visa was approved. So maybe they missplaced it? Should be fine just do what they ask.

amisese

Feb 25, 2010
Hi ohman4966,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, we are sending all the documents asked by CIC. Any more suggestions?