+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR Question

JenniferH1982

Oct 2, 2024
Good morning,

Asking on behalf of my sister and her husband. 2 part question :)

My sister is sponsoring her husband via spousal sponsorship from Jamaica to Canada. They received the PPR letter yesterday. They are a little confused on instructions. Specifically:

The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of their accompanying dependants

Where should he write his height and eye colour? The Appendix A is the photographer instructions for the 2 photos required, and there isn't an Appendix B. Is there somewhere to download an Appendix B?

Second question they have is, once he is able to come into Canada what should they expect? Does he just fly in with all his documents and goes through customs as normal? or does he still have paperwork to do once he lands in Canada?

Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of their accompanying dependants

Where should he write his height and eye colour? The Appendix A is the photographer instructions for the 2 photos required, and there isn't an Appendix B. Is there somewhere to download an Appendix B?
Just do up a table with name, DOB, passport #, UCI# and height/eye colour.

Second question they have is, once he is able to come into Canada what should they expect? Does he just fly in with all his documents and goes through customs as normal? or does he still have paperwork to do once he lands in Canada?
He will have to go to 'secondary' (should get directed there by border staff, if he doesn't tell someone he needs to do this - it is BEFORE the exti from passport control area to the luggage pickup hall). There he will do the formal landing procedures - which is mostly CBSA staff doing stuff. He'll sign the COPR (and border officer will too I think) which swears the stuff above is true. It might take 20 mins to an hour, depending on how busy they are.

If he will be having things shipped to him separately, he'll have separate formalities with customs (ask the customs people before leaving the luggage area).

JenniferH1982

Oct 2, 2024
Just do up a table with name, DOB, passport #, UCI# and height/eye colour.

so just on a word document that he can print out?

He will have to go to 'secondary' (should get directed there by border staff, if he doesn't tell someone he needs to do this - it is BEFORE the exti from passport control area to the luggage pickup hall). There he will do the formal landing procedures - which is mostly CBSA staff doing stuff. He'll sign the COPR (and border officer will too I think) which swears the stuff above is true. It might take 20 mins to an hour, depending on how busy they are.

If he will be having things shipped to him separately, he'll have separate formalities with customs (ask the customs people before leaving the luggage area).
Amazing, thank you!