+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Dude, I think you wobble quite a lot. In one of your posts on 1st august you mentioned your perspective about Canadian government which was reasonable at that time as per your thoughts, now you have different perspective. Important for all applicants is some form of progression in this situation. It is important to generate pressure on Canadian Government. People travel to Canada this year or not will be individual choice. Paramount thing is decisions on their applications. What I came to know from one of the Canadian Lawyer that Canada surely will start clearing application with change in COPR terms. let's see what is in kitty for us all. So don't loose faith. From my country we have formed groups on social media to continuously probe for a definite answer. I'm confident that something will fall in place by October end for many but not for all.
At the same time I can also tell you that for any ruling government pressure from opposition is the most terrible one. Only 5 months have passed but again I will reiterate that it is important to create pressure to show them our eagerness.
Yes , you are right , that's because I m not very confident about how the situation is handled currently , I was hoping to see positive signs but there isn't any so far , they just keep extending the ban without informing the people who invested huge amounts of money and time in the process, they could at least issue a statement for new PRs and new approved applicants so they can know what to expect and plan accordingly, the worst in all of this is that they are giving work permits now for people on a visitor Visa , that's a brilliant idea when you have thousands of approved PR waiting for PPR outside Canada , that's a sign they aren't planning to welcome people anytime soon.

The longer this situation drags the harder it will become to wait , personally I can't just sit there and wait while my life is on hold as I have many projects , currently I can't take any big decision because of the situation , thats what I call putting your life on hold , we keep going to work daily but literally that's it , I can't proceed with any big decision , that's why I decided to move to another country and move on with other projects , if we are approved later I will just move to Canada as we have one year from the medicals date to move.

I appreciate your optimism and your sprits, but like every human out there the situation is different from one another, some people can just wait even if it is for years , others can t wait for more than one year , that's a lot of time where you can do many things, anyway I wish us all , all the best for the future , let's just keep each others updated.

Roena

Jan 26, 2020
I have a similar issue:
EE application acknowledgement was received at the end of Jan 2020, with estimated time of PPR being 28th July.
We’ve reached sept today with no sign of PPR. Should we expect longer delays??

Mauriss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I have a similar issue:
EE application acknowledgement was received at the end of Jan 2020, with estimated time of PPR being 28th July.
We’ve reached sept today with no sign of PPR. Should we expect longer delays??
Have you ordered GCMS notes? If you have and everything is ok, I guess we just have to wait. I'm trying to take my mind off it totally.

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Have you ordered GCMS notes? If you have and everything is ok, I guess we just have to wait. I'm trying to take my mind off it totally.
This seems pretty par for the course at the moment for outland applicants so I wouldn't worry. Really hoping things start moving again soon tho. My file had been in the exact same state since May according to webform/GCMS notes

Reactions: Mauriss

Hari aksh

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Hi members , raised a webform and got the reply yesterday it says
criminality - valid
background verification - in process
security - not started
vo - sydney nova scotia
Its almost 8.5 months and my file has not moved much...really frustrating.

Roena

Jan 26, 2020
No haven’t ordered the GCMS notes yet! I’m planning on waiting till end of sept, if the file still doesn’t move GCMS could be an option

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.