Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Dear all seniors,
According to my cic website
Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.
However, in my document checklist, the system is asking me to provide Police Certificate upfront (right now).

I have stayed in Canada for 8 years, and the rest of my life was in my home country

May I ask what I should do? How do I obtain the Letter from MyCIC? (which is in contradiction with what I have be told from the cic website ???)

Please Advise.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The answer is right there. It is the same for my home country:

"Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”
CIC will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information."

Cheers :)

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
DelPiero07 said:
The answer is right there. It is the same for my home country:

"Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”
CIC will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information."

Cheers :)
LOL, 20 seconds after I posted this, I found this Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”

Thanks DelPiero07 ;)