+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Employment History Question (Self Employed Vs Not Self Employed)

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Hi, I just received an ITA, and need a little guidance on the employment history please, I'm the PA.

My situation:
Since Sep 2018
  • Worked as language instructor with no company establishment paperwork, however I have proof of payments transferred to my personal bank account from client X which is a huge global company
  • I mentioned this in the employment history with "Self Employed" box checked
April 2021
  • Officially established the company paperwork under my name, and still working with client X however the monthly transfers were still going to my personal bank account
November 2022 - to date
  • Started getting paid through transfers to the company's bank account from client X
  • I mentioned this in the employment history with "Self Employed" box not checked
My question is:
  1. Should I split the employment history the way explained above even if they were all under the same NOC?
  2. Should I select the "Self Employed" box? if so, under which job? the 2018 till 2022 or 2022 - current, or both?
  3. I will provide reference letter from client X, bank account transfers, my company's establishment paperwork since 2021, anything else needed?
Appreciate your responses.

Last edited: