+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

softmcl

May 22, 2020
That's werid lol.
Can you paste the letter here removing important info.

They might be just verifying, and not having to end up mailing the WP to another address.
You know fraud etc.
You want to see the request letter or the letter I replied?
request letter basically just said” please provide explanation letter as to why the mailing address and residential address are in different city.”
My reply:
Something like “because my apartment does not have 24 hour concierge/ reception office. I have lost several pieces of mail in the past. Therefore, I use my partner’s parent’s place as mailing address. Only take 10min driving to get there blablabla.....“

by any chance, does anyone know how long it will take for them to check on my upload documents? Like will they keep on checking applications after me and maybe come back right before the deadline they provide me, or they might check my upload soon?
I’m almost at 180days, I’m so scared something might go wrong and won’t able to reapply....

Last edited:

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
You want to see the request letter or the letter I replied?
request letter basically just said” please provide explanation letter as to why the mailing address and residential address are in different city.”
My reply:
Something like “because my apartment does not have 24 hour concierge/ reception office. I have lost several pieces of mail in the past. Therefore, I use my partner’s parent’s place as mailing address. Only take 10min driving to get there blablabla.....“

by any chance, does anyone know how long it will take for them to check on my upload documents? Like will they keep on checking applications after me and maybe come back right before the deadline they provide me, or they might check my upload soon?
I’m almost at 180days, I’m so scared something will go wrong and I won’t able to reapply again....
would the 180 day deadline be held against you if the only reason you're beyond it is because you were waiting on them? Usually processing time is never this long so I imagine a lot of people would be beyond the 180 day deadline because of COVID

softmcl

May 22, 2020
would the 180 day deadline be held against you if the only reason you're beyond it is because you were waiting on them? Usually processing time is never this long so I imagine a lot of people would be beyond the 180 day deadline because of COVID
I was having the question so I called few days ago to ask If there’s an exemption or change. The person said no change and 180 days is the rule. According to what he replied me, we will not able to reapply it if we passed 180days timeline even though it is not our fault. I told him the processing time is almost same even longer than 180days, so basically everyone will have only one chance to apply. He just said nothing is changed and that is the rule...

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
I was having the question so I called few days ago to ask If there’s an exemption or change. The person said no change and 180 days is the rule. According to what he replied me, we will not able to reapply it if we passed 180days timeline even though it is not our fault. I told him the processing time is almost same even longer than 180days, so basically everyone will have only one chance to apply. He just said nothing is changed and that is the rule...
well that seems entirely ridiculous and unfair

mohiuddin0007

Oct 17, 2020
greetings everyone !!!

I have a couple of questions, all advice is appreciated

I have completed my masters in December 2019 and stopped working my part-time job in December 2019 and went to India in January for vacation. due to covid and shut down of universities my unofficial transcripts came on march 15 2020 and course completion letter came on 18 April 2020 in my email.

1: my 90 days of applying post-graduate work permit start from April 18, 2020? or march 15 2020, or my last day of the university which is December 31, 2019?

I applied for my work permit on June 18 2020 from India, inside Canada application and came to Canada on 21 June 2020

2: can I work full time while I am in applied status for my pgwp?

3: do I have to apply for a status restoration application?

4: is there any chance my PGWP will get rejected?

all advice will be appreciated, thank you evveryone

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
greetings everyone !!!

I have a couple of questions, all advice is appreciated

I have completed my masters in December 2019 and stopped working my part-time job in December 2019 and went to India in January for vacation. due to covid and shut down of universities my unofficial transcripts came on march 15 2020 and course completion letter came on 18 April 2020 in my email.

1: my 90 days of applying post-graduate work permit start from April 18, 2020? or march 15 2020, or my last day of the university which is December 31, 2019?

I applied for my work permit on June 18 2020 from India, inside Canada application and came to Canada on 21 June 2020

2: can I work full time while I am in applied status for my pgwp?

3: do I have to apply for a status restoration application?

4: is there any chance my PGWP will get rejected?

all advice will be appreciated, thank you evveryone
Your study permit expires 90 days after you get your first notification that your studies were completed, so that would be from Dec 2019. And then you have 90 days to restore your status since you lost it (March 2020), so if you haven't applied for restoration on june, it's too late now. Unfortunately it's very likely it will get rejected.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/extend-study-permit/when-to-apply.html