+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

abbot92

Apr 3, 2020
Hello from South Korea y'all.
I was wondering how's anyone doing with their pgwp approval outside of Canada because it way past the time frame that cic gives out as work permit processing time for South Korean applicant (regional): 16 to 18 weeks.
I applied pgwp in South Korea on August 1st, and didn't get any news since then.
Now I'm looking around this thread, people applied in last week of August getting their approval, I'm a little anxious right now.
How's other fellows doing with their pgwp application whom they applied outside Canada?

Thanks in advance for sharing!

tiffytaff78

Dec 23, 2022
Hello everyone, I’ve been a ghost reader and thought I’d share. I applied for my PGWP inland on August 26, 2022 and was approved today. No emails or updates. Logged into my account and saw the approval. Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: Atchu

Basil7rf

Dec 23, 2022
Happy holidays everyone. I submitted my application 20th august.
review: 22nd December
Approved: 23rd December

I have to urgently travel back to my home country but I need to get my trv before I can do so. Can someone guide me as to how I can expedite that process? How long does it take to arrive, the work permit hard copy? Is it possible to apply somehow before it arrives?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP

I have to urgently travel back to my home country but I need to get my trv before I can do so. Can someone guide me as to how I can expedite that process? How long does it take to arrive, the work permit hard copy? Is it possible to apply somehow before it arrives?
Timelines vary, but on average TRV processing times are 30-35 days for approval and another 20-25 days between sending your passport and getting it back with the visa stamped. That's based on personal experience and for what I've read in this forum.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021

Took me 30 days to get the approval and then 10 days to send my passport to Ottawa for stamping and getting it back. Since it's the holidays now, it could take a week longer. Approx 45 days in total.

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
@andrews17 @RamSatt thank you for your response. Could you also tell me if it’s adequate to apply before receiving the hard copy of pgwp and how long it takes to recieve the said copy on average?

@Mandalorian initial for me
You can apply using the approval letter and without the hard copy of your work permit. I you need it urgently, I suggest adding a letter of explanation to your application. This is exactly what I did. Got pgwp approval November 25, applied for trv same day without receiving hard copy and I got PPR today. All the best my friend.

Reactions: RamSatt

aaronc30

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hi I applied for PGWP on Dec23, today I received an email that your application status has been updated but when I checked there was no change or no new update. Why’s that?

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Hi I applied for PGWP on Dec23, today I received an email that your application status has been updated but when I checked there was no change or no new update. Why’s that?
Basically they opened the file. Sometime soon you will receive a document saying you are on implied status

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Took me 30 days to get the approval and then 10 days to send my passport to Ottawa for stamping and getting it back. Since it's the holidays now, it could take a week longer. Approx 45 days in total.
wait, i am confused. what stamping? for pgwp? isnt pgwp a permit document like a document that is mailed??