+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-Graduate Work Permit (Inside/Outside Canada)

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
I have completed my graduation recently and I need to apply PGWP. I am currently outside Canada for short vacations. Due to COVID-19, I am unable to return to Canada on my scheduled date and hopefully I will be traveling to Canada next month or when the situation will be stabilize. While creating IRCC account there was a question about selecting your current country of residence/territory. Can I still select Canada as a current country of residence/territory? or I need to select the country where I am currently residing (home)? I am still a temporary resident of Canada and I still reside there.
I need my application to be processed from inside Canada as the processing time is less as compared to my home country. Secondly, I won't be able to enter Canada if I apply PGWP outside Canada till my application got approved.

This part is very important as it will dictate that from where my PGWP Application will be processed?

I will be thankful on response.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have completed my graduation recently and I need to apply PGWP. I am currently outside Canada for short vacations. Due to COVID-19, I am unable to return to Canada on my scheduled date and hopefully I will be traveling to Canada next month or when the situation will be stabilize. While creating IRCC account there was a question about selecting your current country of residence/territory. Can I still select Canada as a current country of residence/territory? or I need to select the country where I am currently residing (home)? I am still a temporary resident of Canada and I still reside there.
I need my application to be processed from inside Canada as the processing time is less as compared to my home country. Secondly, I won't be able to enter Canada if I apply PGWP outside Canada till my application got approved.

This part is very important as it will dictate that from where my PGWP Application will be processed?

I will be thankful on response.
As already REPEATEDLY advised in other threads, you need to apply outside of Canada.

You will still be able to enter with your current TRV and study permit.

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
As already REPEATEDLY advised in other threads, you need to apply outside of Canada.

You will still be able to enter with your current TRV and study permit.
Canuck, I wont be able to enter Canada until my PGWP application got approved and the processing times is 17 weeks if I apply outside Canada. I have read it many times. That's what makes me worried. I talked to the immigration officer of my university, she told me apply from inside Canada as you're in vacations and you will be return to Canada when the condition will be normalize.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canuck, I wont be able to enter Canada until my PGWP application got approved and the processing times is 17 weeks if I apply outside Canada. I have read it many times. That's what makes me worried. I talked to the immigration officer of my university, she told me apply from inside Canada as you're in vacations and you will be return to Canada when the condition will be normalize.
I don't know why you think that. Again, you can enter with your TRV and study permit.

Deeshi

Aug 8, 2021
Hello,
My name is Deeshi Parikh.
I started my course online in September 2020 and completed it in April 2021. I plan on doing only one course.

Applied for Study Permit -20th August 2020.
Medicals Reviewed- October 2020
Biometrics Given on- November 2020
Repeat Biometrics- March 2021
Biometrics Reviewed- April 2021
BVL-April 2021
PPR- April 2021
Passport Submitted for stamping- 21st July 2021
Passport Received- 9th August 2021.
Correspondence Letter- Entry to Canada Date Validity- 31st December 2021.

My questions are-
1) Should I apply for PGWP and then travel to Canada or Can I apply for PGWP after I land there?

2) If I have to apply for PGWP outside of Canada can I travel to Canada till a decision is made on my PGWP or I will have to wait till a final decision is made?