+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit, Bridging Open Work Permit and Implied Status

jimjim

Aug 8, 2014
Hello,

I am currently under PGWP and just got my LMIA. So I assume that I will get an ITA in the next draw. But my PGWP will expire in 1.5 month so I want to continue working after the expiration while waiting for a final decision for the PR.

Can I apply for a BOWP? Is there any other option?

thanks

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimjim said:
Hello,

I am currently under PGWP and just got my LMIA. So I assume that I will get an ITA in the next draw. But my PGWP will expire in 1.5 month so I want to continue working after the expiration while waiting for a final decision for the PR.

Can I apply for a BOWP? Is there any other option?

thanks

you can apply after your aor.

once r10 completness check is passed they will process your bowp application.

jimjim

Aug 8, 2014
Thanks.

Let's say I get the ITA 1-2weeks before my PGWP expires.I don't think I will have enough time to submit my application and then wait for the AOR.

Can I apply for BOWP just with the ITA?

Can I appy for a closed Work Permit as soon as I have the LMIA and while I wait for my EE application?

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
jimjim said:
Thanks.

Let's say I get the ITA 1-2weeks before my PGWP expires.I don't think I will have enough time to submit my application and then wait for the AOR.

Can I apply for BOWP just with the ITA?

Can I appy for a closed Work Permit as soon as I have the LMIA and while I wait for my EE application?
Well technically, you're not eligible for BOWP before the R10 completeness check is complete.

However once you apply you'll be on implied status and can continue working until a decision is made on your application.

Assuming you applied shortly after submitting the APR, by the time the VO gets to processing your BOWP application (takes more than 2 months at the moment), I'm quite certain your R10 completeness check will have been done in time to get the BOWP application approved.

jimjim

Aug 8, 2014
Ok I see.

My concern is that I am not sure if I have enough time to submit my application before my PGWP expires. I will get the IAT before the PGWP expires but the time is really tight.

Can't I just apply for BOWP with the ITA?

As I have a LMIA can I just apply for a normal Work Permit while I wait for the final decision for the PR?

Wisper

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
You will get AOR one day after submitting all needed documents under ITA.
Currently BOWP takes like 4 month to process so I would say you no need to rush for a couple days

jimjim

Aug 8, 2014
Two more questions.

1. In order to submit my application I don't need the Police Certificate and Medical exams?These will take some days.

2. I read somewhere that PGWP holders cannot apply for BOWP. Also those who have a positive LMIA cannot apply for BOWP either. Is that right?

Wisper

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
jimjim said:
Two more questions.

1. In order to submit my application I don't need the Police Certificate and Medical exams?These will take some days.

2. I read somewhere that PGWP holders cannot apply for BOWP. Also those who have a positive LMIA cannot apply for BOWP either. Is that right?
1-no, you don't need pcc and me

2-no, pgwp olders can apply for bowp, same for lmia holders

Kavinli

Jun 25, 2015
Hi,

Hope someone could help with our situation.

I’m an international student who is about to complete my course next month. My spouse is on open working permit and working full time. We have also created a EE profile as my wife being principal applicant and got invitation under Ontario PNP. My student visa will expire on 30th March and also my wife’s. At the moment we are confused whether to proceed with provincial nominee or wait for CEC invitation as we have chances to get 475 by February and being invited for that.

Further, as my student visa expires in March end, I can apply for Postgraduate work permit by early February , My questions are,

can she wait without applying with me for OWP extension and once she gets AOR hopefully by March, she can apply for bridging work permit as principal applicant?

or she may apply for (dependent) OWP extension with me and as soon as receiving the AOR (CEC) she will switch to BOWP as principal applicant?

Then I'll be principal applicant for my PGWP and she will be principal applicant for BOWP. is it possible ??

What is the best option for our situation?

I know that she'll not get OWP extension without my job letter, but she wants to try it

I really appreciate your advice on this.