+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit and Spouse Open Work Permit Extension

sandheep

Oct 29, 2017
Quick Query - I'm on my PGWP and I'm offered a job with a startup, they have very recently registered their company. They are offering me a role in JOB NOC A - (marketing professional). However, is there a minimum salary requirement to support my Wife's open work permit ? I need to submit job offer and 3 pay stubs (can they be 3 bi weekly paystubs) and is there a minimum salary for the same.

sandheep

Oct 29, 2017
Quickly wanted to let you know that, according to the information on the website - If you have graduated, you have 180 days to apply for your PGWP, while you are waiting for your PGWP to be approved, you can work full time and accept new jobs if the employers are ok to offer you a job. Hence, you are not working illegally.

Epalacio85

Apr 26, 2019
Canada
Hello to everyone,

My case is the following. My study permit and wife’s OWP are valid till July 2019. Today I just received my graduation letter to apply for my PGWP. Due to this she stopped working today. I am currently working in a NOC C position and I seeking new opportunities. Does she have to apply simultaneously with me for her new OWP or she can do it afterwards with my supporting documents (pay stubs and job offer type a or b)? Thanks in advance.

chiru1973

Star Member
Jul 15, 2011
Thank you for your reply.
I have further query on the offer letter, provided by the employer.
In the letter , it is mentioned the job is temporary, part time and the designation.
IRCC website confirms that it is within NOC 0 to B.I have got two pay slips.

1.Should I apply for extension of my spouse's OWP with my appointment letter or I should try to get a letter from my employer confirming the NOC type?
2.My pay is abysmally low, around $500 per month. Do you think it may hamper the success of the application of spousal OWP extension? However, my wife works full time, permanent employee with an organization in Canada and she gets minimum wages.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello to everyone,

My case is the following. My study permit and wife’s OWP are valid till July 2019. Today I just received my graduation letter to apply for my PGWP. Due to this she stopped working today. I am currently working in a NOC C position and I seeking new opportunities. Does she have to apply simultaneously with me for her new OWP or she can do it afterwards with my supporting documents (pay stubs and job offer type a or b)? Thanks in advance.
Why did your wife stop working? She can continue to work while her OWP is valid.

She can apply once you have a skilled job and 3 payslips. If you don't have this before her OWP expires, she needs to change her status to visitor prior to expiry.

Raajvinder

Feb 1, 2019
My case is the following. My study permit and husband OWP are valid till July 2019.
Today I just received my graduation letter to apply for my PGWP. I am having job in a NOC B which I start soon.
Does she have to apply simultaneously with me for his new OWP or he can do it afterwards with my supporting documents (pay stubs and job offer type a or b)?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My case is the following. My study permit and husband OWP are valid till July 2019.
Today I just received my graduation letter to apply for my PGWP. I am having job in a NOC B which I start soon.
Does she have to apply simultaneously with me for his new OWP or he can do it afterwards with my supporting documents (pay stubs and job offer type a or b)?

Thanks
You need 3 payslips from your NOC B job for him to qualify.

Raajvinder

Feb 1, 2019
Thank you for reply

Please help me know one thing more
If I have three pay slips of noc b, but still if my pgwp not come and my spouse OWP just going to expire. Can I apply on implied status for him.
Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for reply

Please help me know one thing more
If I have three pay slips of noc b, but still if my pgwp not come and my spouse OWP just going to expire. Can I apply on implied status for him.
Thank you
Yes.

Ankidarji

Apr 4, 2019
Hello i am an international student and i will be going to apply for my work permit, and also i want to extend my spouse open work permit so how can i do that and whats the procedure for that.

kashif.raza001

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
12-01-2021
AOR Received.
10-01-2022
I am on open work permit and my wife is on study permit and I have a 3yr son who is on visitor record. all of our status expire on September 2019. I have few questions

1. After my wife gets completion letter and gets noc B job offer, can she work full time on study permit . Or she needs to apply and receive pgwp first to start working which takes time usually.
2.Is it mandatory for me to attach her job offer & pay stubs when extending owp . Because i dint see it anywhere in website.
3. Can we apply together online or thru border to save time.
3.Whats forms are needed
4. How much will b the fee for pgwp, extending owp & child visitor record.

Thanks. Your response is appreciated

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am on open work permit and my wife is on study permit and I have a 3yr son who is on visitor record. all of our status expire on September 2019. I have few questions

1. After my wife gets completion letter and gets noc B job offer, can she work full time on study permit . Or she needs to apply and receive pgwp first to start working which takes time usually.
2.Is it mandatory for me to attach her job offer & pay stubs when extending owp . Because i dint see it anywhere in website.
3. Can we apply together online or thru border to save time.
3.Whats forms are needed
4. How much will b the fee for pgwp, extending owp & child visitor record.

Thanks. Your response is appreciated
1. No. She can only work part-time after finishing her studies prior to receiving confirmation of program completion. Once she receives confirmation, she must stop working completely and can only start working again after applying for her PGWP. She can then work full-time.

2. Yes. No payslips and letter means no work permit for you.

3. If she already has a skilled job and the 3 payslips, you can apply together.

4 and 5. easily found on the website.

kashif.raza001

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
12-01-2021
AOR Received.
10-01-2022
1. No. She can only work part-time after finishing her studies prior to receiving confirmation of program completion. Once she receives confirmation, she must stop working completely and can only start working again after applying for her PGWP. She can then work full-time.

2. Yes. No payslips and letter means no work permit for you.

3. If she already has a skilled job and the 3 payslips, you can apply together.

4 and 5. easily found on the website.
Thanks for the reply...She is doing her unpaid intern as Early Childhood Educator NOC B which finishes next month. So with a confirmation,cant she even work part time also, so that after 3 weeks we can apply together (once we have those 3 payslips).

If she applies for PGWP and i apply later on it will take more time,i believe.Plus can i work while my application is in process since my wp expires in sept' 19.
What will be better solution so we all can apply at one time?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply...She is doing her unpaid intern as Early Childhood Educator NOC B which finishes next month. So with a confirmation,cant she even work part time also, so that after 3 weeks we can apply together (once we have those 3 payslips).

If she applies for PGWP and i apply later on it will take more time,i believe.Plus can i work while my application is in process since my wp expires in sept' 19.
What will be better solution so we all can apply at one time?

Thanks
No, she cannot work after receiving confirmation until she actually applies for her PGWP. If she does keep working, it will be illegal. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html#off-campus

There is no solution to apply together. You can continue working on your current permit until September anyways, so there is no need to apply together.

dawdy

May 25, 2019
Hi,
My wife is doing he postgraduate studies in computer science, she graduates on 31/12. She is on a student visa and I am on OWP that expire on the 31/03. I just finished 1 year of working in an NOC A job.
What is the best way to renew my OWP without losing my job due to an expired WP?

I fear if she waits for her graduation letter to apply for PGWP and get 3 pay stubs, my OWP will expire by then.

Will I be applicable to RAMQ after she gets her PGWP as currently, I am not.
Note: we are located in quebec.

Thanks