File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
could you please little bit explain me if you know , how i can Apply for LIMA ?
You cannot apply for an LMIA. Your employer has to do it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
could you please little bit explain me if you know , how i can Apply for LIMA ?
Thanks in Advance
You can't apply for an LMIA - only your employer can apply for an LMIA. It's typically a 4-6 month process with no guarantee of approval at the end. The first step is for your employer to advertise your job for a month to prove no Canadian could be found for the role. More info here: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html

Reactions: jes_ON

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Hi, if i hold a PGWP and offered a full time job in NOC B, can i get points for this in express entry? (after 1 year).
i think i don't need LMIA?

thanks

sd22

Oct 25, 2023
Hi PMM,

Do you get the option for "No: exempt for “Canadian interests” reasons" to the question of "Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?"?

If so, I think you should answer that one, since PGWP is exempted from LMIA for "Canadian interests" (Google "International Mobility Program: Labour Market Impact Assessment exemption codes" and see code C43 on cic website).

I also hold PGWP. But I don't see that option on my EE profile. It only gives me:

-"Yes"
-"No"
-"No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an international agreement"
-"No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to a Federal-Provincial agreement"
-"No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific"

I don't think answering No is quite an accurate description.
When did you create your profile? I created it on December 16, 2016. Perhaps the difference in my list of options and yours is that they have updated their profile system?
Hi, did you get an answer for this? i have the same question. Thanks.

Menda

Dec 15, 2023
Hi, if i hold a PGWP and offered a full time job in NOC B, can i get points for this in express entry? (after 1 year).
i think i don't need LMIA?

thanks

Hi, I would also appreciate a clarification on this regard from anyone who knows better.
Thank you!

Menda

Dec 15, 2023
Hi, I am a little confused as to how I should pick the answer for one of the questions when applying for PR through EE. The question reads as follows:
Has "name" been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

Yes
No

I have been working for my current employer for well over a year now but as I have an open PGWP, no employers' name is mentioned on my permit.
Do I select the answer yes or no? Can someone tell me which one is correct. Thank you.

asa26

Jan 23, 2024
You do not have a job offer. So you have to answer 'no'. To claim points for a job offer, you would need to have an approved LMIA.
Based on my understanding, if you currently hold a work permit that is exempt from LMIA which are as follow; you would be able to use your current work as an arranged employment as long as you get an updated Job Offer.
Open Work Permits (no job offer or LMIA required)

That being said if you're currently working under PGWP, you can answer Yes on the Job offer question and No to the LMIA question.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Based on my understanding, if you currently hold a work permit that is exempt from LMIA which are as follow; you would be able to use your current work as an arranged employment as long as you get an updated Job Offer.
Open Work Permits (no job offer or LMIA required)

That being said if you're currently working under PGWP, you can answer Yes on the Job offer question and No to the LMIA question.
Only if it is a closed open work permit with the employer named on the work permit such as an ICT. Otherwise it doesn't count as a job offer under EE. So ICT would count but not PGWP or SOWP.