+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduate course in Supply chain and logistics

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends

I have done my PG Diploma in Business Administration in Finance in 2005 from Mumbai, India. I have a work experience of close to nine years in research and analysis - generating market intelligence to facilitate logical decision making.

During the stretch of my work experience, I started finding Logistics and SCM typically interesting. To augment my interest, I started exploring the option of pursuing my further studies in Canada. I have attended some events conducted by various academic consultants. But I find them just pushing the students to fill their pockets. I am seeking some astute advise from members in this group for the following questions:

-Good colleges to pursue this course?

-Will this transition from PGDBA in Finance to a career in logistics be difficult to justify? (Though I have some strong touchpoints to convince the stakeholders)

-Demand for professionals of this field?

I would be highly grateful to get some insights on this topic. Thnx in advance for help.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
St. Lawrence College offers the Post Graduate program in Logistics and Supply Chain Management at its Cornwall campus. The program carries practicum and the students are placed in the related companies in Cornwall. There is huge demand in the job market- once you graduate, surely you'll find a good job.

St. Lawrence College is a SPP participating institution. You may visit http://www.stlawrencecollege.ca/programs-and-courses/full-time/programs/a_m/logistics-and-supply-chain-management/cornwall/ for more details.

Hope this will help you! :)

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
During the stretch of my work experience, I started finding Logistics and SCM typically interesting. To augment my interest, I started exploring the option of pursuing my further studies in Canada. I have attended some events conducted by various academic consultants. But I find them just pushing the students to fill their pockets. I am seeking some astute advise from members in this group for the following questions:
SCM and logistics is a very interesting field. However jobs r very specialized and very few....unless ur aiming for an inventory clerk type of job(blue collar or low paying). logistics is done in very few companies as compared to finance..hence field is very specialized .....companies like amazon , fedex walmart etc do a lot of logistics but getting a job with these companies with a PG diploma is very very difficult.....logistics is very important and hence companies tend to hire from top universities....OR(operations research ) has a great potential for research but jobs r few.

-Will this transition from PGDBA in Finance to a career in logistics be difficult to justify? (Though I have some strong touchpoints to convince the stakeholders)
it can be difficult for visa is ur background is finance but if u have a strong explanation who knows

-Demand for professionals of this field?
demand is low unless u r from an ivy league institution. business decision r difficult to make if u dont have canadian experience...so without canadian experience or ivy league education difficult to find jobs....people who tell u there r lots of jobs r either consultants or have no idea about what logistics is.......if u want to go for SCM logistics i would suggest find a good university or MBA program (i am not sure if there is one, u will have to search).

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thnx buddies Ryan1981 and mead

Your replies give me a 360 degree perspective of the logistics and SCM industry of Canada.

How is Windsor University in Ontario? They offer Masters of Management with Logistics and Supply Chain Management specialization (http://www1.uwindsor.ca/professional/master-of-management-logistics-and-supply-chain-management)

Secondly is there a difference in post graduate diploma and masters (from the perspective of industry perception, course content, obtaining PR)?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
niravk said:
Thnx buddies Ryan1981 and mead

Your replies give me a 360 degree perspective of the logistics and SCM industry of Canada.

How is Windsor University in Ontario? They offer Masters of Management with Logistics and Supply Chain Management specialization (http://www1.uwindsor.ca/professional/master-of-management-logistics-and-supply-chain-management)

Secondly is there a difference in post graduate diploma and masters (from the perspective of industry perception, course content, obtaining PR)?
yes ofcourse there is a difference between masters and post grad diploma......masters is far better than pg diploma and jobs u get after masters and diploma r different too.....masters is difficult as compared to pg diploma....for PR there r various options and mostly depend on getting a skilled job .....there is no simple answer for PR u have to read different PR options and see how u will qualify for one of them.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thnx People

It is evident that Masters is anytime better. Unlike in India wherein a PG Diploma from an autonomous university is equivalent to a masters from a reputed university.

Also will I have any eligibility problem as I have 15 years of formal education + 2 years of PG Diploma in Business Admin

SADIQ12

Feb 2, 2018
hi , what course should I opt after pd dip in International Business Management from canada . Can anyone please suggest me something

Chetan Mehta

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Yamunanagar
yes ofcourse there is a difference between masters and post grad diploma......masters is far better than pg diploma and jobs u get after masters and diploma r different too.....masters is difficult as compared to pg diploma....for PR there r various options and mostly depend on getting a skilled job .....there is no simple answer for PR u have to read different PR options and see how u will qualify for one of them.
Is your perception still the same about PG diploma or Masters as it's been years you wrote this... ?

ROSELYNNE

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Hi, I have done my master of science in biology but was working in supply chain and logistics for the past 12 years , will it lead to visa rejection if I take a graduate certificate in supply chain management