+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-Baccalaureate option

leteatbee

Jul 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all. I wish to proceed with my education in Canada. I've already got two diplomas from russian state universities and been offered 2-year Post-Baccalaureate option in Thompson Rivers University (British Columbia).
My major is marketing. The point is - i do not know how it is rated in Canada and what perspectives i can get with it. Will it be enough for getting a job in Canada in near future?
Please could you specify on that topic. Your comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

leteatbee

Jul 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrBhatti said:
Mine Is same diploma but in accounting keep in touch man.
Pls tell me that you're in a gravy and found plum job with that kind of education :D that would be such a relief!

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
leteatbee said:
Hi all. I wish to proceed with my education in Canada. I've already got two diplomas from russian state universities and been offered 2-year Post-Baccalaureate option in Thompson Rivers University (British Columbia).
My major is marketing. The point is - i do not know how it is rated in Canada and what perspectives i can get with it. Will it be enough for getting a job in Canada in near future?
Please could you specify on that topic. Your comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Well marketing is an very vast field, As a international student in Canada who is been here for one year I can say that jobs are still quite hard to come by. But I guess with you previous qualications with russian state universities and also with your canadian qualification, it might not be as difficult to get a job with a good educational background like yours..North America is still in recovery from the recession but there are chances that it will recover full by the time you will graduate which is in 2 years of time. I see alot of marketing jobs posted here even though I live in a small city called London which is in Ontario. But as you will be living in BC, I think the jobs are more in quantity over there in comparison with where I live.

Even though there are alotta marketing jobs here it is actually tough to find a job which is really worth it..I mean most marketing jobs are only commission based and pays litreally no salary whatsoever..But if you look carefully than you will eventually find jobs which pays salary plus an commission which alotta people are looking for...But like i said marketing is a vast field and there are many positions related to it in the field of advertising, multimedia,customer service and call centre..So if you actually have a marketing position than you can end up doing jobs like inbound customer rep. in banks like TD canada trust of BMO.

leteatbee

Jul 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for your answer, icecool. probably i've misled you a little with my starting message. I'm worrying not about getting a job in marketing, but more about the status which i'll eventually get after graduation from Post-Baccalaureate studies. Will it be enough to be competitive in a labour race :) I presume that technically my russian educational background is nothing in Canada (but not a bad thing though).

It costs a lot, as you said recession is going round the planet, education is also a big business. I just don't want to be trapped by paying much money for smth that isn't worth it. I think you understand what i'm talking about.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
leteatbee said:
thanks for your answer, icecool. probably i've misled you a little with my starting message. I'm worrying not about getting a job in marketing, but more about the status which i'll eventually get after graduation from Post-Baccalaureate studies. Will it be enough to be competitive in a labour race :) I presume that technically my russian educational background is nothing in Canada (but not a bad thing though).

It costs a lot, as you said recession is going round the planet, education is also a big business. I just don't want to be trapped by paying much money for smth that isn't worth it. I think you understand what i'm talking about.
yeah i know what you are talking about..To be honest, Canadian employers are always looking for someone with a post-baccalaureate qulification. If you do well in your course and pass with a good GPA you money will definately not go wasted. If your in Canada and in meanwhile you also gain some Canadian work experience by actually working in an internship or an part-time job that can actually give you even more of an advantage in the labour market. Remember that you will be getting a post-graduate work permit after you study, so if you find that opportunities in BC are tough and the chances of permanent residence are not good than you can always move in a different state which have flexible immigration schemes..I study in Ontario but after i graduate I am actually planning to move to saskatchewan because they have such an easy PNP scheme for international graduates from all across Canada.

leteatbee

Jul 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
icecool222 said:
yeah i know what you are talking about..To be honest, Canadian employers are always looking for someone with a post-baccalaureate qulification. If you do well in your course and pass with a good GPA you money will definately not go wasted. If your in Canada and in meanwhile you also gain some Canadian work experience by actually working in an internship or an part-time job that can actually give you even more of an advantage in the labour market. Remember that you will be getting a post-graduate work permit after you study, so if you find that opportunities in BC are tough and the chances of permanent residence are not good than you can always move in a different state which have flexible immigration schemes..I study in Ontario but after i graduate I am actually planning to move to saskatchewan because they have such an easy PNP scheme for international graduates from all across Canada.
That's inspiring! Will follow in that direction. Still looking for the alternatives, fees at Thompson Rivers are quite overstated in my point of view. But that's a topic for another thread :)
Other opinions would be much appreciated.

ad singh

May 23, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC CHD
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31 March 2015
Nomination.....
15 March 2016
AOR Received.
18 April 2016
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
Med's Request
1 November 2016
Med's Done....
10 November 2016
Passport Req..
27-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2018
hi :) . i will also be doing post bacc diploma in accounting from thompson rivers university. The university has good rating too. please stay in touch.

WURAOLA

Apr 17, 2012
i applied to thompson rivers university , have not get my acceptance letter from the school yet. pls u guys should help me out. i have called the school and i have sent mail to them. the promgram is starting my sep.

champ1388

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WURAOLA said:
i applied to thompson rivers university , have not get my acceptance letter from the school yet. pls u guys should help me out. i have called the school and i have sent mail to them. the promgram is starting my sep.
Dont worry u will get your offer letter, it takes some time to get the offer letter but TRU doesnt refuse any application. I too got my offer letter after two months

Indian29

Dec 9, 2012
ad singh said:
hi :) . i will also be doing post bacc diploma in accounting from thompson rivers university. The university has good rating too. please stay in touch.
Hey I am also going for th post bacc diploma in accounting but bit sceptical about th job opportunities in the accounting field. Bro as already u r studying can u pls tell me how r prospects bro nd how is th university as I am also going toTRU.

Astonmartin

Nov 20, 2012
Surat
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2012
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
12-Oct-2012
Interview........
no interviews till date
VISA ISSUED...
6/12/12
LANDED..........
23rd dec 2012
when did you applied ?

indian 186

Dec 19, 2012
ad singh said:

Hi Friend, I am also interested for PG diploma in accounting course from TRU. So can you please tell me, whether this is a 1 year PG course or 2 years (4 sem) course? and what is the total fees for the international students? I would be very thankful to you for your help..

viper.

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
@Indian 186,

I am applying for the same diploma but it is in marketing specialization.

well! to answer your question today i just received conditional offer letter of IBM,here i m surprised because i applied for marketing program and they issued me IBM program offer letter so have to send them email for the same.

This is what written in my offer letter.
Tuition and general fees for 1st semester - $ 7382
" 2nd semester- $ 7382
total tuition - $ 14784

How about you? when do you plan to apply?

ahmed faraz

Mar 9, 2013
hey guys, I am currently into my final year of engineering, I have done summer internship in 2 companies,
done a couple of print modelling assignments & a few ramp show's
it was during this association with media/modelling industry, I realized my passion for marketing,

whichever brand I worked with I was very much involved with the marketing team. so I am thinking of applying for pg.dip in marketing from TRU

I got an IELTS band score of 8

I just want to know the exact coarse fees for 2 years pgdip. in marketing from TRU. kamloops. ?
& my graduate prospects after passing out from TRU ?
does TRU offer campus placements ?