+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post 26/6 Applicants, who applied after 1/1/11, connect here

secondwind

Jun 1, 2011
Hi Guys, the timeliness chart here is very reliable. I got mine today but it is a NER. I thought my experience as a Health Medical Claims Examiner corresponds to NOC 1233, however the CIO officer said its not ....

After taking into consideration the work experience supporting documentation on file, I am not satisfied that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the position as described in NOC. As such, I am not satisfied that you are a 1233 – Insurance Adjuster and Claim Examiner.

My job title is listed in the list of possible job titles for NOC1233 but the reviewing officer denied my application.

Thank for all the wishes, may you all fulfill your dreams. As for me, this is not my destiny. Time to move on.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

secondwind

Jun 1, 2011
here is the copy of the letter ....

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker. I have now completed the assessment of your application and have determined that you are not eligible for processing in this category for the following reason(s):

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration issued Instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on June 26, 2010. Only applicants who meet the criteria specified in these Ministerial Instructions are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC (National Occupational Classification) code: 1233 – Senior Claims Examiner. Although this NOC code corresponds to the occupations specified in the Instructions identified by the Minister, you have not provided sufficient evidence that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC, including all of the essential duties.

After taking into consideration the work experience supporting documentation on file, I am not satisfied that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the position as described in NOC. As such, I am not satisfied that you are a 1233 – Insurance Adjuster and Claim Examiner.

Since you did not provide evidence that you have an Arranged Employment Offer, you do not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions and your application is not eligible for processing.

Note: Any reference to work experience in a NOC code other than those identified by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration and published in the Canada Gazette on June 26, 2010 is not assessed for eligibility under Ministerial Instructions.

Your application, therefore, does not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions.

Subsections 87.3(2)-(3) are the pertinent sections of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act:

The processing of applications and requests is to be conducted in a manner that, in the opinion of the Minister, will best support the attainment of the immigration goals established by the Government of Canada.

…the Minister may give instructions with respect to the processing of applications and requests, including instructions

(a) establishing categories of applications or requests to which the instructions apply;

(b) establishing an order, by category or otherwise, for the processing of applications or requests;

(c) setting the number of applications or requests, by category or otherwise, to be processed in any year; and

(d) providing for the disposition of applications and requests, including those made subsequent to the first application or request.

The processing fee and, if applicable, the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you paid are refundable. You will receive a cheque within eight to twelve weeks OR if you paid by credit card you will receive a credit on the credit card provided within eight to twelve weeks. PLEASE NOTE THE TIME FRAME TO RECEIVE A CHEQUE MAY CHANGE IN THE EVENT OF A POSTAL DISRUPTION.

The refund cheque will be sent to the address provided in your application. If you have changed your address please advise us immediately of the new address. Address changes should be faxed to (902) 270-3561. PLEASE NOTE THIS FAX IS ONLY FOR ADDRESS CHANGES.

Note:

Any requests made on the basis of humanitarian and compassionate grounds accompanying a Federal Skilled Worker application cannot be processed unless the application is otherwise eligible for processing under the Ministerial Instructions.

Any requests for positive substituted evaluation accompanying a Federal Skilled Worker application cannot be processed unless the application has met the minimum requirements outlined under Regulation 75(2).

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. Although you have not satisfied the requirements to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker class, you may qualify under another category. To learn more about your options, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

SF

Service Delivery Agent

Immigration Section

Case Processing Centre

Sydney, Nova Scotia

isidra

May 18, 2011
Cebu City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
NOC 3113 Dependent
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 9, 2011
Med's Request
January 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 30, 2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
September 2012
hi secondwind I'm so sad to hear the news. :( If you think you are qualified you may contest the NER they sent.
You just give it a try.

Most likely I will hear from our agent today. Went to their office yesterday. I hope mine is good news.
I believe the timeline is reliable too.

ahoy

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th of may 2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th of june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
18th july 2011 , Aug 18 2011 additional docs request, oct 8th status update and dec 20 2011 additinal doc request
So sorry about the NER, Secondwind pls what date r u?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
secondwind said:
Hi Guys, the timeliness chart here is very reliable. I got mine today but it is a NER. I thought my experience as a Health Medical Claims Examiner corresponds to NOC 1233, however the CIO officer said its not ....

My job title is listed in the list of possible job titles for NOC1233 but the reviewing officer denied my application.

Thank for all the wishes, may you all fulfill your dreams. As for me, this is not my destiny. Time to move on.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!
So sorry about this news..there is always another way out. Good luck for the future

TimBit

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Mexico
Visa Office......
Mexico
Do not give up secondwind.... just don't!!!!

I am still waiting too....

Seriosly!! ??? I have been waiting since April 5th for my status to change to RBVO and nothing happen

My status still shows CIO-S Review Complete. Over two months passes already. I know I must be patient and everything but honestly I think it is taking way too long Any thoughts, friends?

Thank you, and lets keep praying :D

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
isidra said:
hi secondwind I'm so sad to hear the news. :( If you think you are qualified you may contest the NER they sent.
You just give it a try.

Most likely I will hear from our agent today. Went to their office yesterday. I hope mine is good news.
I believe the timeline is reliable too.
I hope you and Zeem have good news by end of the week! I feel quite panicky as the days get closer to the approximate timeline for PER. Good luck to everyone!

isidra

May 18, 2011
Cebu City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
NOC 3113 Dependent
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 9, 2011
Med's Request
January 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 30, 2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
September 2012
mandiebraxton said:
I hope you and Zeem have good news by end of the week! I feel quite panicky as the days get closer to the approximate timeline for PER. Good luck to everyone!
thank you mandie. right now I couldn't think straight. I hope our desires will be granted.

deby

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
secondwind said:
Hi Guys, the timeliness chart here is very reliable. I got mine today but it is a NER.
:( I am really sorry. Don´t give up, if your experience match this NOC appeal this desicion.
My best wishes now and on.
Deby

ahoy

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th of may 2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th of june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
18th july 2011 , Aug 18 2011 additional docs request, oct 8th status update and dec 20 2011 additinal doc request
Thanx and I wish u all the best.

skilled.worker

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
secondwind said:
CIO received my application : May 6
Credit card encashed: May 13
NER Received: June 14
Hi secondwind,

I feel sad to hear about your NER, but please don’t give up. Soon CIC, New Year is starting, so prepare your application again and this time, make sure at least 60% of the duties match with NOC and fire it again to CIC.

Guys....

Encashment of CC, BD or DD is not a guarantee that you will get your PER.

isidra

May 18, 2011
Cebu City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
NOC 3113 Dependent
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 9, 2011
Med's Request
January 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 30, 2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
September 2012
skilled.worker said:
Hi secondwind,

I feel sad to hear about your NER, but please don't give up. Soon CIC, New Year is starting, so prepare your application again and this time, make sure at least 60% of the duties match with NOC and fire it again to CIC.

Guys....

Encashment of CC, BD or DD is not a guarantee that you will get your PER.
I agree. the only positive confirmation is the PER itself. but watch out, VO can still deny appli after a thorough assessment of papers.

secondwind, don't give up. hope you will take another chance this new year.

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
NOC 3131
Visa Office: Singapore
application received by CIO: 21 January 2011
NER received: 14 April 2011 :'(
Appealed through mail: 17 April 2011
Appealed through FAX: 24 May 2011
Bank Draft Request: 03 June 2011 ;D
Bank Draft Received at CIO: 13 June 2011

LONG STORY SHORT: 8)

01. they refused us saying i am not a dentist - 3131!!
02. they gave me back the bank draft
03. after appealing saying; "yes honey" i am not a dentist - 3131 'cause I AM A PHARMACIST - 3131;
04. they said "ok, we're reconsidering but I need the fee!! so send it back to me!!"
05. then I send it back again.

06. W - A - I - T - I - N - G - .. I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG!! :'(

secondwind

Jun 1, 2011
isidra said:
I agree. the only positive confirmation is the PER itself. but watch out, VO can still deny appli after a thorough assessment of papers.

secondwind, don't give up. hope you will take another chance this new year.
Thanks Isidra, I hope you made the cut. I'll be monitoring the site in case I become eligible under the new law that is coming up.