+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible to delay landing until after Medical expiry?

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I understand that upon COPR, we are bound by the expiry date of our medical exams to land into Canada. However, is it possible to somehow extend that deadline, perhaps by doing a new medical exam?

I didn't receive COPR yet, but does it indeed have the expiry date as the expiry date of the medicals?

I'm asking because I'm going to be marrying my GF but it's unlikely that that will happen before November (my medical expiry date). I intend to add her to my application before landing but with no marriage certificate before November I would be unable to add her to my application and I'd have to do landing and after I officially become a PR it would be much longer to get my wife to join me in Canada. My only option seems to somehow push back landing deadline to add her in once marriage happens.

I don't have COPR yet just expecting it soon so trying to plan ahead.

Thanks!

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you mentioned above, In my opinion you should contact or inform to visa office whether you will add spouse to your application. When your situation changes like getting married or new baby etc. your immigrant visa becomes invalid. If you land on this visa before inform them, you may guilty of misrepresentation to immigration. When you try to sponsor your spouse later, they will find out and may revoke your PR. In any case, you will never be able to sponsor your spouse. I think the easiest way is postpone you married ceremony, complete lading procedure first the get married and sponsor her later.

Hope you will get COPR soon!

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Forgetting the reason I'm doing all of this for for a second, my question really is: is it possible to extend landing deadline after COPR by, for example, doing a new medical exam and informing CIC about it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ufa6174 said:
Thanks. Forgetting the reason I'm doing all of this for for a second, my question really is: is it possible to extend landing deadline after COPR by, for example, doing a new medical exam and informing CIC about it?
No - not possible.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Alright, so I have a question- what happens if your medical expires before you land, for whatever reason?

Reactions: Joshua_Max

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Alright, so I have a question- what happens if your medical expires before you land, for whatever reason?
Your COPR is only valid until your medical expires, or your passport.

If you try to land after your COPR expires, you will not become a permanent resident. You will have to submit a new application for PR.

Bottom line - land before your COPR expires.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Dexmoody said:

If you try to land after your COPR expires, you will not become a permanent resident. You will have to submit a new application for PR.

And what if my medical were to, for whatever reason, expire while my application was still being processed?
I had my medical done in January, but for a variety of reasons, I was only able to submit the eAPR in early March, two months later. Now, given the average 4-6 month processing time per application, I'm not too worried, as that still gives me a healthy 4-6 months to work with when it comes to planning my landing- but what if the processing of my application is delayed, and takes time? What happens if during this lengthened processing, my medicals were to expire? I don't want to necessarily consider the situation, but one must always have a plan for the worst case after all.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
And what if my medical were to, for whatever reason, expire while my application was still being processed?
I had my medical done in January, but for a variety of reasons, I was only able to submit the eAPR in early March, two months later. Now, given the average 4-6 month processing time per application, I'm not too worried, as that still gives me a healthy 4-6 months to work with when it comes to planning my landing- but what if the processing of my application is delayed, and takes time? What happens if during this lengthened processing, my medicals were to expire? I don't want to necessarily consider the situation, but one must always have a plan for the worst case after all.
In that case they will request for a new medicals to be done.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
jairichi said:
In that case they will request for a new medicals to be done.
Thank you!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Aragorn165 said:
Look for the case of yelena, she raised a CSE as she hasn't received a final decision yet, and the validity of her medicals was extended.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-in-august-2015-t332574.0.html;msg5088978#msg5088978

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
bellaluna said:
Look for the case of yelena, she raised a CSE as she hasn't received a final decision yet, and the validity of her medicals was extended.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-in-august-2015-t332574.0.html;msg5088978#msg5088978
Thanks for the link! It is heartening to see that there is a contingency for this in place if necessary.

Khaiko

Feb 26, 2019

Submit new application meaning all the way starting from putting my profile in pool, getting ita stuff?