+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

LeaveItGold

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Hello,

Due to the strike action, your Citizenship ceremony planned for April 28 2023 is cancelled. We will reschedule your event as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

This is an automated email, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY.

Bonjour

En raison de la grève, votre cérémonie de citoyenneté planifié pour le 28 Avril 2023 est annulé. Nous reprogrammerons votre événement dès que possible. Nous nous excusons pour ces inconvénients et vous remercions pour votre compréhension.

Ceci est un message automatisé, VEUILLEZ NE PAS RÉPONDRE.

Thank you/Merci

IRCC MISSISSAUGA
They Cancel two days ahead now?

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
Not to mention the massive privacy / security threat. These clowns have all our personal data on their work laptops, now they want to connect it to their home WiFi where they also visit Facebook & TikTok with their malware ridden personal devices.
Please tell us how you know nothing about security practices in the government while making up stuff... People have already explained in this thread how you can work from home securely like it has been happening for over several years now yet we keep seeing these stupid remarks repeated ad nauseum.

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
Even though they are connecting to their work's VPN, they are still exposing their laptops to their local networks. What is not worrying about this? Do you think they all have firewalls and advanced security measures? No, they probably still haven't changed the default ISP modem WiFi password. Never forget that the average person on the street is ten times dumber than you think. Most people have absolutely no idea about cybersecurity.
Please tell me how you are completely ignorant of computer security while saying stupid stuff on a public forum lol

Reactions: oboyzee

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
You're absolutely right, these people make me sick. Imagine a workplace where you are given a task, and you cannot even complete that in 22 months. However, you are not fired and instead demand more money and time off, with your only justification being "inflation". In the private sector, when you bring up inflation as the justification for your salary increase, you immediately lose your leverage, not to mention the respect in the eyes of your employer. Your hard work should be the grounds for a raise, not inflation.
This is the thing, PSAC demands are much more than public servants, it will set the standard for all companies in Canada to provide better wages to all Canadians. Your experience in the private sector is terrible judging by your comments - it's ok, obviously you haven't worked at good places where better professionals do - and hopefully a new agreement will set the tone for private sector to exploit less the workers in Canada.

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I saw one of the public service workers complaining about people like us on their Reddit forum. The nerve they have to say that the inconveniences they cause others are insignificant! This was what they said: "I keep seeing people being so mad and disappointed with IRCC because their citizenship oaths are getting cancelled and other processes are taking longer, and it makes me so mad to see them complain but not care about us at all. We work so hard and cannot even get a fair wage. The strike is so important, but it makes me go ugggghhh because those outside the PS do not know anything!"
I went to their r/CanadaPublicServants out of curiosity and it made me boil instantly. So much entitlement.

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
I saw one of the public service workers complaining about people like us on their Reddit forum. The nerve they have to say that the inconveniences they cause others are insignificant! This was what they said: "I keep seeing people being so mad and disappointed with IRCC because their citizenship oaths are getting cancelled and other processes are taking longer, and it makes me so mad to see them complain but not care about us at all. We work so hard and cannot even get a fair wage. The strike is so important, but it makes me go ugggghhh because those outside the PS do not know anything!"
IRCC like many gov places are currently understaffed. Many people retired early in the pandemic leaving a vacuum of knowledge which is not easy to catch up to when hiring the ps is slow and you need training to process complicated files.

• Haha
Reactions: irinaaas11

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
Is anyone here concerned that all of their personal and financial information would probably be out on the dark web for anyone to use as they see fit because IRCC, Service Canada, or CRA staff wants to work from home?
When we hear of this breach who would we hold responsible for damages?
Newsflash!!!! People have been working from home since early in the pandemic. It's been years, not since you discovered this yesterday on this forum. Stop using this argument, it's embarrassing.

Reactions: borgams

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
This is the thing, PSAC demands are much more than public servants, it will set the standard for all companies in Canada to provide better wages to all Canadians. Your experience in the private sector is terrible judging by your comments - it's ok, obviously you haven't worked at good places where better professionals do - and hopefully a new agreement will set the tone for private sector to exploit less the workers in Canada.
https://www.fraserinstitute.org/tags/public-and-private-compensation - Take a look here and then tell us again that we should feel sorry about the public sector workers.

Their demands would be completely ridiculized in the private sector, if asked, after the strike, if they accomplish their outcome. This strike means absolutely nothing to the private sector. No company would give you a 13.5% raise and then let you work from home, unless, maybe, you're in IT and you're a really REALLY GOOD employee that they can't afford to lose.
As IOI1984 said, "In the private sector, when you bring up inflation as the justification for your salary increase, you immediately lose your leverage, not to mention the respect in the eyes of your employer. Your hard work should be the grounds for a raise, not inflation.", and as I previously mentioned, the right thing would be for the taxpayers to vote on whether or not the public sector should have their wages increased since it's their money.

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Was it more or less entitled than people here about their citizenship apps?
There are people here that have been waiting for more than 2 years to have their applications processed. People that exceeded the posted IRCC processing times. This means that SOMEONE is not doing their job :) and not just in regard to citizenship applications, but all applications. My best friend's PR application took 3 years to be processed when the processing time on the website was 8 months.

Every industry is understaffed at the moment, everyone experienced COVID-related economic problems, and everyone's dealing with high inflation. Yet, these guys that have been "working" from home in the last 3 years suddenly want more just because of inflation, "despite the fact that, in 2021, public-sector employees, at all levels of government, made 31.3 per cent more, on average, than workers in the private sector, according to a new study by the Fraser Institute. They also tend to receive more benefits, better pension plans and enjoy greater job security."

Excuse me if I have an opinion on this while my tax money is going into their pockets while they stay at home watching cat videos on TikTok.

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
https://www.fraserinstitute.org/tags/public-and-private-compensation - Take a look here and then tell us again that we should feel sorry about the public sector workers.

Their demands would be completely ridiculized in the private sector, if asked, after the strike, if they accomplish their outcome. This strike means absolutely nothing to the private sector. No company would give you a 13.5% raise and then let you work from home, unless, maybe, you're in IT and you're a really REALLY GOOD employee that they can't afford to lose.
As IOI1984 said, "In the private sector, when you bring up inflation as the justification for your salary increase, you immediately lose your leverage, not to mention the respect in the eyes of your employer. Your hard work should be the grounds for a raise, not inflation.", and as I previously mentioned, the right thing would be for the taxpayers to vote on whether or not the public sector should have their wages increased since it's their money.
And private sector give pay raise only for an year and not three years in advance. But you can have tax payers vote on such issues. Not many are properly informed about the subject. But as we saw even the vote to go on strike was not properly administered, so you cant vote on issues.

rainydayincanada

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023

You don't have to agree or not with the demands of the union, that much we can all agree on. I also don't agree with a lower performance driven method to raises for example. For me, there are many things wrong with how things are done in the ps for sure.

But spreading common stereotypes and falsehoods is just not ok. For example, many companies offer work from home as standard nowadays for desk jobs, it's not for the elite or top performers, that's absolutely false. Now, if we want our tax dollars to be able to hire the best people in the market how can we remove any possible attractive measures and hope people stay in the ps?