+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
That was a requirement for an Outland applicant that was in Canada when they received their CoPR. They didn't need to actually leave Canada; they had the option to flagpole at a land border, which means that they never really left Canada.
Yeah, possibly, and probably. But due to the pandemic, they even cancelled that. There was no need for a flagpole at all.

Reactions: Ponga

LeaveItGold

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Attention only those applicants whose files are from Montréal office and Oath scheduled for the dated 20th April, 2023 at 8:15am which was canceled!

Me and one of the applicant got a call today for the availability for a tomorrow's Oath Ceremony at 1pm which is 26th April, 2023, So I confirmed and received the confirmation over the email. I request you to please look into your cell phone's voice mail if you have missed the call or if you have received the call from the IRCC then fair enough.
Wow. Do they call?

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
Attention only those applicants whose files are from Montréal office and Oath scheduled for the dated 20th April, 2023 at 8:15am which was canceled!

Me and one of the applicant got a call today for the availability for a tomorrow's Oath Ceremony at 1pm which is 26th April, 2023, So I confirmed and received the confirmation over the email. I request you to please look into your cell phone's voice mail if you have missed the call or if you have received the call from the IRCC then fair enough.
Thats amazing!!

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020

Did you get it or are you sharing someone else's message? This looks like old message dated April 26th.

argo1990

Sep 12, 2022
All, I have my oath scheduled for May 2 at 10:15 - virtual (Niagara Office). The oath email was recieved on April 13. I'm travelling from the U.S. and already sent three email to Niagara office to see if it is going to get cancelled, no reply yet. Should I travel or shall I asked them to reschedule it? Thanks!

Smsm73

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
All, I have my oath scheduled for May 2 at 10:15 - virtual (Niagara Office). The oath email was recieved on April 13. I'm travelling from the U.S. and already sent three email to Niagara office to see if it is going to get cancelled, no reply yet. Should I travel or shall I asked them to reschedule it? Thanks!
Travel and see what will happen, nobody knows what are the coming days have

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
Thats a very tricky situation. Try calling them

borgams

Aug 9, 2022
when are you traveling?

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Not sure how and when you plan to travel. My suggestion is to wait till Monday morning(if possible unless you have booked tickets).
I am hoping that they settle all this by the weekend so people can go back to work on Monday. Dont ask for rescheduling IMO.
Best of luck.

argo1990

Sep 12, 2022
Thank you all for your replies. I have my ticket for Sunday evening but honestly, I dont want to spend over $1000 for flight and hotel just to show up and these clowns still be on strike...

Reactions: irinaaas11

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thank you all for your replies. I have my ticket for Sunday evening but honestly, I dont want to spend over $1000 for flight and hotel just to show up and these clowns still be on strike...
How about taking the trip and in case the strike gets called off you can return early?

Reactions: irinaaas11

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Honestly, and it might be polarizing to say it. If I were them I would keep protesting until the May 10th. If they are paid full salaries while protesting.
From the way I understand it, they will be paid, but the salaries will be "recovered" later on. Exactly how that works I don't know, but I don't think they will simply get a freebie! At least, I hope not. It would be OUTRAGEOUS if that were true!

Reactions: argo1990

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
This really gives me some "freedom convoy" vibes and flashbacks.
Except that when the freedom convoy does it, it requires the "emergencies act" to be invoked, but when these so called "peaceful protestors" are taking over airports, blocking travelers, it's called "people just exercising their god given rights to speak up" :rolleyes: