+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Strike Action by IRCC employees starting mid-April

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Where exactly does your source say that what the federal workers get are "overpaid"?
All that can be inferred from that picture AND your posts is that because they earn (debatable that too) more than private sector, fuck them instead of holding private sector and companies accountable for shitty wages in almost every single occupation.

Pretty sure that's not how overpaid is defined as.
https://www.fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/comparing-government-and-private-sector-compensation-in-canada-2023.pdf

Enjoy!

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
LMFAO you do realize this says the exact same thing?
This does nothing but reinforce the point that if you want better salaries, go unionize.
Ok, sure. Let's agree to disagree. I'm getting fed up with the trolls here that should be picketing instead of spending time on this forum being "keyboard warriors" as another troll mentioned in a previous post. Go be union warriors.
You're in the minority on this forum, clearly, and yet you spend a lot of time here disagreeing with numbers and facts. You're not gonna change opinions just like we're not gonna change yours. It's a waste of time. We are concerned about our applications and you're concerned about your wages. Fair. But I don't go on their union reddit or twitter and start comment wars when I'm definitely in the minority when it comes to my personal opinion, because I have better things to do and I won't get anything out of it anyway.
I just don't get why trolls here are trolling when they should be putting their energy somewhere else where it might be more productive.

Cheers!

SirCumsALot

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
Ok, sure. Let's agree to disagree. I'm getting fed up with the trolls here that should be picketing instead of spending time on this forum being "keyboard warriors" as another troll mentioned in a previous post. Go be union warriors.
You're in the minority on this forum, clearly, and yet you spend a lot of time here disagreeing with numbers and facts. You're not gonna change opinions just like we're not gonna change yours. It's a waste of time. We are concerned about our applications and you're concerned about your wages. Fair. But I don't go on their union reddit or twitter and start comment wars when I'm definitely in the minority when it comes to my personal opinion, because I have better things to do and I won't get anything out of it anyway.
I just don't get why trolls here are trolling when they should be putting their energy somewhere else where it might be more productive.

Cheers!

I mean your own stance is quite hypocritical and then you call others keyboard warriors?
Also the real reason you don't go "trolling" on union forums is because you would be rightfully get called out.
And if calling out pure ignorance and misleading data is "trolling", then well trolling it is and I am more than happy to love doing it.

Reactions: becca545

LeaveItGold

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Looking at their videos, they are enjoying their time. Walking and burning some Cals, Drinking coffee, Chilling, Enjoying the Spring weather, sometimes even Dancing & Music, and happy Expecting a raise!?
Don't they care about the hurt they caused to people expecting their services for ten days and more?

I work in the private sector. If I did that I will be laid off on the second day.

How to deliver and take out our voices to that PSAC union! As a Tax payer I demand this strike to stop!

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017

Cheers!
You have better things to do but you’re still here arguing with “keyboard warriors”. You’re also free to go on their reddit pages and drag them. I believe the adults here don’t care about getting dragged when expressing their opinions.

LeaveItGold

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
That's not how democracies work. Also, just because you get treated like disposable resource in private sector doesn't mean that others want to live in a country upholding those values.

Well, if u will talk about Democracy, then yeah, I have to say my vote too and demand my rights to get served? or is not? Is not that a public service..... Is that my right, too, or not? It is always the game of who and where a voice is heard.

It's True: Even the Best Employees Are Replaceable! It is not about disposable resources or not. An employee is always replaceable. Yes, it may cost the employer to replace a good talent, and no employer would like to lose a talent with already work knowledge investment etc... but at the end of the day ... yes replaceable.

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Well, if u will talk about Democracy, then yeah, I have to say my vote too and demand my rights to get served? or is not? Is not that a public service..... Is that my right, too, or not? It is always the game of who and where a voice is heard.

It's True: Even the Best Employees Are Replaceable! It is not about disposable resources or not. An employee is always replaceable. Yes, it may cost the employer to replace a good talent, and no employer would like to lose a talent with already work knowledge investment etc... but at the end of the day ... yes replaceable.
You have written tons of nothings. It’s very funny how most of you blame the workers when it’s obvious our public sector needs to be revamped.

I’m a Trudeau fan, but he’s making it too easy to immigrate, thus overwhelming all our public servants. I know citizenship officers are different from PR officers, but I wouldn’t be surprised if resources are pulled to where they deem “essential”.

The immigration system as a whole is a joke. The UK has astronomical prices for LTR, tourist visas and citizenship applications. No one complains that much because they are effecient. And then the icing on the cake is pay x amount for faster processing.

Perhaps as a country we should rely outside tax payers to fund IRCC. P.S the government workers are not wrong for wanting to keep up with inflation. The demand is just more than their capacity

• Haha
Reactions: oboyzee

LeaveItGold

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
You have written tons of nothings. It’s very funny how most of you blame the workers when it’s obvious our public sector needs to be revamped.

I’m a Trudeau fan, but he’s making it too easy to immigrate, thus overwhelming all our public servants. I know citizenship officers are different from PR officers, but I wouldn’t be surprised if resources are pulled to where they deem “essential”.

The immigration system as a whole is a joke. The UK has astronomical prices for LTR, tourist visas and citizenship applications. No one complains that much because they are effecient. And then the icing on the cake is pay x amount for faster processing.

Perhaps as a country we should rely outside tax payers to fund IRCC. P.S the government workers are not wrong for wanting to keep up with inflation. The demand is just more than their capacity

I agree that wages should be pumped up to keep up with the inflation. I am so upset that I have to pay for that. I am not on the negotiation table (Directly!!!!!)

Why dont they take the 9% now and continue negotiation latter on a slower pace. As the country economy heals from Covid. ...etc.