+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible Ask Landing Officer To Use Different Name for PR Card?

nova0101

Aug 28, 2019
Hi all,

This may sound like an absurd question but I wanted to know about something.

My Express Entry application is in final stage of approval and I will travel to Canada once it's approved. Now my name in my password is something like this: <Surname> <FirstName with extra suffix> <Father's Name>. Is it possible to ask the officer who would be conducting my interview to use <FirstName> <Surname> as my name for PR Card?

For example,
Name as per passport: Bisht Ajaysingh Bholasingh
Preferred Name: Ajay Bisht

Is it possible or just wishful thinking?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

My Express Entry application is in final stage of approval and I will travel to Canada once it's approved. Now my name in my password is something like this: <Surname> <FirstName with extra suffix> <Father's Name>. Is it possible to ask the officer who would be conducting my interview to use <FirstName> <Surname> as my name for PR Card?

For example,

What does your COPR show? They will match the name displayed on your COPR.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi all,

For example,

no, just as passport

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi all,

For example,

No. The PR card has the surname and first name on separate lines. It will follow your passport/PR application/COPR as previously stated.
Possible your given name on the card will be truncated to the first two names, if not the first 14 characters.

Reactions: scylla

nova0101

Aug 28, 2019
What does your COPR show? They will match the name displayed on your COPR.
As I mentioned, it's in final stage but they haven't issued COPR yet due to VFS closures. But it will say something like,

Bisht Ajaysingh Bholasingh

nova0101

Aug 28, 2019
No. The PR card has the surname and first name on separate lines. It will follow your passport/PR application/COPR as previously stated.
Possible your given name on the card will be truncated to the first two names, if not the first 14 characters.
I figured. Just wanted to see if anybody was fortunate enough to get their name updated. Thank you for your response!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I figured. Just wanted to see if anybody was fortunate enough to get their name updated. Thank you for your response!
I go by my full legal name in documents and other official matters but go by my shortened name professionally. I do consider from time to time having my name officially changed to my shortened name, but by this point, I don't figure it's worth it for me to go through the whole process. You may have a different viewpoint for yours.

Reactions: mpsqra