Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
-----
VISA ISSUED...
-----
LANDED..........
-----
Good day everyone..we had our medicals done but my 4 yo son was misdiagnosed for Autism by the developmental doctor referred by the doctor who did the first evaluation. and it was submitted to Immigration..we had him checked with another doctor and he was diagnosed for global developmental delay and along with her findings, I submitted a letter of explanation that he is a normal child with Speech delay only with school records. however a fairness letter was sent to me and I was given 60 days to submit a present medical condition or funds for 5 yrs for SPEd or Individualized Education Plan.I decided to undergo a medical check up again by another doctor. Can anyone help me or at least give me idea if there are still chances for my case? or what is the best option for this? and if somebody can recommend me a developmental doctor here in the Philippines. thank you so much in advance!

Last edited:

GoingtoC

Aug 26, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Good day everyone..we had our medicals done but my 4 yo son was misdiagnosed for Autism by the developmental doctor referred by the doctor who did the first evaluation. and it was submitted to Immigration..we had him checked with another doctor and he was diagnosed for global developmental delay and along with her findings, I submitted a letter of explanation that he is a normal child with Speech delay only with school records. however a fairness letter was sent to me and I was given 60 days to submit a present medical condition or funds for 5 yrs for SPEd or Individualized Education Plan.I decided to undergo a medical check up again by another doctor. Can anyone help me or at least give me idea if there are still chances for my case? or what is the best option for this? and if somebody can recommend me a developmental doctor here in the Philippines. thank you so much in advance!
Hi. Any update on your situation? I applied in August 2017. When I went for my 3 years old son and I medical upfront the doctor noticed he had speech delay and we were asked to see a pediatric neurologist and he was diagnosed with speech delay and Autism. In his school report they stated that he did not require any assistance apart from 10minutes feeding. The Panel physician said he would forward my sons hearing test results, paediatrician and school report to e-medical for CIC. Please did you provide report from your child's school? Hearing test is important as well. Any update on your application? I figure the term "Autism " is used generously in diagnosis because my son listens and obeys instructions and he's active like kids his age. Only speech delay. Best wishes

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. Any update on your situation? I applied in August 2017. When I went for my 3 years old son and I medical upfront the doctor noticed he had speech delay and we were asked to see a pediatric neurologist and he was diagnosed with speech delay and Autism. In his school report they stated that he did not require any assistance apart from 10minutes feeding. The Panel physician said he would forward my sons hearing test results, paediatrician and school report to e-medical for CIC. Please did you provide report from your child's school? Hearing test is important as well. Any update on your application? I figure the term "Autism " is used generously in diagnosis because my son listens and obeys instructions and he's active like kids his age. Only speech delay. Best wishes
You will most likely receive a procedural fairness letter but there is not much you can do but wait and see at this point.