+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility of bringing wife to Canada on a visitor visa while her PR is in process

viveksv

Jan 2, 2024
Hi,

I recently got married, and my wife is currently in India while I am working in Vancouver. I have submitted her permanent residence (PR) application, but I am aware that the processing time can be lengthy. In the meantime, I would like to bring her to Vancouver.I have two questions:
  1. Can I bring my wife to Canada on a visitor visa while her Outland PR application is being processed?
  2. If her PR application is approved while she is in Canada with me, can I request that her PR card be delivered to a Canadian address?
I would greatly appreciate any help and guidance regarding these questions, as I am not familiar with the immigration process. Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

I recently got married, and my wife is currently in India while I am working in Vancouver. I have submitted her permanent residence (PR) application, but I am aware that the processing time can be lengthy. In the meantime, I would like to bring her to Vancouver.I have two questions:
  1. Can I bring my wife to Canada on a visitor visa while her Outland PR application is being processed?
  2. If her PR application is approved while she is in Canada with me, can I request that her PR card be delivered to a Canadian address?
I would greatly appreciate any help and guidance regarding these questions, as I am not familiar with the immigration process. Thank you!
1. If approved, yes.
2. Yes.

Reactions: viveksv