1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
blessedone1 said:
Question:I've been checking ecas with my application number the the uci received after sponsorship got approved. Should i stop wasting my time checking with these numbers and wait for the AOR from POS?

Yea pretty much... The email /AOR from POS gives the applicant a client ID..

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
millslu said:
Sssssshhhhh its three in the morning what's wrong with you all go sleep n close the forum . Don't.let me.come.down there now. Hahahahahah
lmao!!!! Don't make me come in there!!! :p

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
blessedone1 said:
Question:I've been checking ecas with my application number the the uci received after sponsorship got approved. Should i stop wasting my time checking with these numbers and wait for the AOR from POS?
Hello blessedone1, your UCI number is for you and your sponsorship is approved. You will now not see any activity on ecas until the applicant gets an AOR from POS and then they will get their own UCI number. Even then, sometimes people do not get AORs, they only know their app. has been received at POS via a case specific enquiry (CSE) sent to them by e-mail.

It is still early days for you right now, so you do need to brace for the reality of waiting until 2014 unless POS does something drastically different. Currently the processing time at the Caribbean offices is 20 months and that time starts after your file is received in POS. So to be blunt, yes stop wasting your time with ecas, it is notoriously unreliable. The next communication from POS will be received by the applicant, not the sponsor. If anything comes sooner, then that is fantastic. My experience (and likely many others on the forum, especially through the POS and Kingston JA offices) is that it is wise to manage your expectations now (keep them low :D) or else it can become a very discouraging process :(. Blessings.

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
02-SEPT-2013 [Stage 1], 18-NOV-2013 [STAGE 2]
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
CdnandTrini said:
Hello blessedone1, your UCI number is for you and your sponsorship is approved. You will now not see any activity on ecas until the applicant gets an AOR from POS and then they will get their own UCI number. Even then, sometimes people do not get AORs, they only know their app. has been received at POS via a case specific enquiry (CSE) sent to them by e-mail.

It is still early days for you right now, so you do need to brace for the reality of waiting until 2014 unless POS does something drastically different. Currently the processing time at the Caribbean offices is 20 months and that time starts after your file is received in POS. So to be blunt, yes stop wasting your time with ecas, it is notoriously unreliable. The next communication from POS will be received by the applicant, not the sponsor. If anything comes sooner, then that is fantastic. My experience (and likely many others on the forum, especially through the POS and Kingston JA offices) is that it is wise to manage your expectations now (keep them low :D) or else it can become a very discouraging process :(. Blessings.
What about the file number? My sponsorship apporval had both a uci and file number?

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Cdnandtrini did you send your passpory already?

For those who did, what did you include other than passport and pics? Did u include a cover letter or something?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
KIAB said:
What about the file number? My sponsorship apporval had both a uci and file number?
Hi KIAB, the file number stays the same for both sponsor and applicant. It is also known as the "application" number and usually starts with an F. I presume for family class.

The sponsor gets a UCI (unique client identification) first, then so does the applicant (the spouse being sponsored) once the file is logged at the POS office.

When logging into ecas, the UCI for the sponsor is not needed after the sponsor has been approved. Updates after that are usually only available on the applicant's side with the applicant UCI which is only provided after the POS office sends an AOR (acknowledgement of receipt). Some folks do not get an AOR though and some do. According to the CIC operations manual AORs are supposed to be sent within 90 days. If you have not received one within that time frame then e-mail POS with a CSE (case specific enquiry) asking if your file has been received. I did this and received a reply within 48 hours.

Then in Sept. (Sept. 10, 2013) my husband received an "official" AOR (via e-mail) from the POS office. So it actually took 6 months to receive our AOR but after that our file went to "in process" (Sept. 24, 2013) and PPR sent also via e-mail (Oct. 7, 2013) much faster than normal - within just under 6 weeks. I am not sure why we got through so quickly, this is not the norm FYI. Happy yes, and still a bit shocked. Hope this info. helps. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fromadistance said:
Cdnandtrini did you send your passpory already?

For those who did, what did you include other than passport and pics? Did u include a cover letter or something?
Hi FAD, hope you are feeling better my dear. My hubs just picked up his renewed passport on Friday afternoon and the High Commission is closed at 1:00 p.m. on Fridays. So he got his photo and the PPR letter and he will go on Tuesday morning to drop everything off as he is Trini and lives close to the HC. They are closed Monday for Thanksgiving.

He is sending the passport, the immigration photo they asked for (1 only, and not a passport photo, different dimensions, they included instructions for the photographer in the PPR letter) a copy of the PPR letter with his hair colour, eye colour and height, and a letter asking them to call him for a pick-up rather than the courier as he lives there and feels more comfortable picking it up as did Behopeful's hubby.

So for those of you not doing an in-person drop-off/pick-up the only other thing you need to do is include a pre-paid courier envelope with the above documents so that POS sends back the passport and visa to your spouse's address. Does that help? Blessings.

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
CdnandTrini said:
Hi FAD, hope you are feeling better my dear. My hubs just picked up his renewed passport on Friday afternoon and the High Commission is closed at 1:00 p.m. on Fridays. So he got his photo and the PPR letter and he will go on Tuesday morning to drop everything off as he is Trini and lives close to the HC. They are closed Monday for Thanksgiving.

He is sending the passport, the immigration photo they asked for (1 only, and not a passport photo, different dimensions, they included instructions for the photographer in the PPR letter) a copy of the PPR letter with his hair colour, eye colour and height, and a letter asking them to call him for a pick-up rather than the courier as he lives there and feels more comfortable picking it up as did Behopeful's hubby.

So for those of you not doing an in-person drop-off/pick-up the only other thing you need to do is include a pre-paid courier envelope with the above documents so that POS sends back the passport and visa to your spouse's address. Does that help? Blessings.
Thank u for asking. I am still with a bit of joint pain. But now my ears and head ache!

Thanks for that detailed explanation. Hubby will be sending first thing Monday!

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Wow BeHopeful must be in heaven lol.

Can't wait for the landing storyy!!

Trini100

Nov 24, 2012
Hey guys just an update on my wife. After 2 and a half weeks of stalling and run around from couva police station for the certificate which she finally got last Tuesday (she applied for it on the 19 th sept :(), she was told on Friday by CIC to pick up her passport on Tuesday ;D. She has to be in Canada before the 29th coz meds expires. ;D thanks again for all ur help!!!

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Trini100 said:
Hey guys just an update on my wife. After 2 and a half weeks of stalling and run around from couva police station for the certificate which she finally got last Tuesday (she applied for it on the 19 th sept :(), she was told on Friday by CIC to pick up her passport on Tuesday ;D. She has to be in Canada before the 29th coz meds expires. ;D thanks again for all ur help!!!
Congrats again!!

So how many days did it take for stamping of pp?

blessedone1

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september 2013
CdnandTrini said:

Hey cantrini thanks for being blunt lol my expectations are low as possible because I don't want to set myself up for disappointments. Thanks for the info it was very helpful. Probably next year I'll be hearing from them.

blessedone1

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september 2013
LouisFam said:
Yea pretty much... The email /AOR from POS gives the applicant a client ID..

Thanks you.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fromadistance said:
Thank u for asking. I am still with a bit of joint pain. But now my ears and head ache!

Thanks for that detailed explanation. Hubby will be sending first thing Monday!
:D, you are most welcome. Hope that cold is on its way out ASAP. The good thing is that you will be feeling good by the time hubby arrives. Have you decided on the day he will fly home?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fromadistance said:
Wow BeHopeful must be in heaven lol.