Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

millslu said:
thank you @ canadatrini, this information is very helpfull, i wil update you on what i will do next. i hope everyone had a wonderfull weekend and that we will hear something soon from POS.
You are most welcome Millslu. Have fun with your wife and let us know how the interview goes. Also if you don't mind asking them "why they so damn slow" for all your friends waiting on the forum here!! ;D

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
CdnandTrini said:
You are most welcome Millslu. Have fun with your wife and let us know how the interview goes. Also if you don't mind asking them "why they so damn slow" for all your friends waiting on the fourm here!! ;D
yes thats is the first question am gonna ask them hahaha or maybe the last haha. thanks guys my wife and i are having a great time the weather is amazing the mood is georgouse the time is running, but we will be fine, we preping for the interview taking pics and having fun.

its just so crazy how this forum is so quiet,in 4 months we have only had one call from POS, well except the other interiews but the never came back to the forum and say anthing which is sad, am not gonna do yourll that am gona be back dont u worry.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
I'm going bonkers. Just wanted to put that out there.

POS Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

MissDominica said:
I'm going bonkers. Just wanted to put that out there.

POS Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....
lol.....we share the pain Miss D. If I stop to think about it and how this process seriously affects people's lives, it can be absolutely crazy-making.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
The part that really makes it hard is just the complete lack of knowing where we're at... as I've seen on here, they hardly even send AORs, let alone any other sorts of updates. The fact is that by entering this process, we all knew that we were in for the long haul (unfortunately!); however, if there were just a way (computerized so that the actual assessors were not slowed down) to even show your place in the queue that was updated once a month... anything, honestly, to assure you that you were indeed in queue would make us feel better. Alas, we are left to just wonder and estimate where we are in the process.

GRRR. Waiting, waiting, waiting. It has been two months since I was approved as a sponsor and of course, no AOR yet. I know I have a long ways to go... but I'd just like to know it is there.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Can-Vinc said:
The part that really makes it hard is just the complete lack of knowing where we're at... as I've seen on here, they hardly even send AORs, let alone any other sorts of updates. The fact is that by entering this process, we all knew that we were in for the long haul (unfortunately!); however, if there were just a way (computerized so that the actual assessors were not slowed down) to even show your place in the queue that was updated once a month... anything, honestly, to assure you that you were indeed in queue would make us feel better. Alas, we are left to just wonder and estimate where we are in the process.

GRRR. Waiting, waiting, waiting. It has been two months since I was approved as a sponsor and of course, no AOR yet. I know I have a long ways to go... but I'd just like to know it is there.
Hi @Can-Vinc, I am a month behind you on the spread sheet so it will be interesting to compare the 2013 processes with the previous years. I believe I read on one of the old audits CIC did of the Kingston and Port of Spain Offices, that they were both negligent in sending out AORS consistently, but even that documentation did not smarten them up. Perhaps the increased efficiency of the GCMS will help the VOs and the applicants a bit more this year (trying to be hopeful and positive ;)). I am not even sure though that POS is on that system yet - Do any of the other forum members know the answer to this?

Btw my husband and I got married in Trinidad in Jan. 2013 and all of our visits to the Ministry of Legal Affairs for our license, marriage docs. etc. -- everthing was done manually, by handwriting - nothing computerized.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Hi everyone!

I hear the frustration. If only we knew where we stood in line it would make te whole process much easier. I don't mind waiting but tell me where I am at or something. Send me an AOR if that's what you are suppose to do. No one is accountable.

I nearly had a heart attack this morning (and I am still recovering). We got an email from CIC and the title read, "Information Requested". So I'm thinking this is great... Well I forgot I had requested my mailing address be updated and they emailed me to say they completed the change. What a let done. I was hoping for at least an AOR after 3 and a half months... But nothing!

Back to my waiting. Happy waiting!

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Re: Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

CdnandTrini said:
Hi @ Can-Vinc, I am a month behind you on the spread sheet so it will be interesting to compare the 2013 processes with the previous years. I believe I read on one of the old audits CIC did of the Kingston and Port of Spain Offices, that they were both negligent in sending out AORS consistently, but even that documentation did not smarten them up. Perhaps the increased efficiency of the GCMS will help the VOs and the applicants a bit more this year (trying to be hopeful and positive ;)). I am not even sure though that POS is on that system yet - Do any of the other forum members know the answer to this?

Btw my husband and I got married in Trinidad in Jan. 2013 and all of our visits to the Ministry of Legal Affairs for our license, marriage docs. etc. -- everthing was done manually, by handwriting - nothing computerized.
Yes, it will be interesting to track against each others' timelines too! It really is great to have people that know what is going on and living it while we go through this.

Everything for us was by an archaic handwritten paperwork system as well... with the exception of our marriage certificate at the end. I know it is fun to blame POS for the waits, which we really have every right to do. But I think this handwritten paperwork, etc., has a lot to do with it as well. There are just so many things that need to be verified, reviewed, etc. to make sure they are legit that it takes time. The docs aren't trustworthy, I heard this is one of the reasons that they changed the visitors visa requirements last year for St. Vincent, St. Lucia, etc.. I'm really not trying to pass judgement but having only known the way it is here in Canada, I can't help but think/assume that if only they had a more secure infrastructure in place within the public sector in some of these countries, we wouldn't be waiting so long? Not that there is a damn thing we can do about it but rant! ;)

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
hey eveyone, does anyone know it the ARC superseides the PRA or vice versa. am asking that becasue i saw on the forum that before making a decision on your sponsorship application they need to know if you can enter the country again. its like not becasue you are mnarried to a canadian u automatically granted permisson to come back in the country. so i would like to know if they make a decision on the ARC before the make one on the Sponsorship application?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:
Hi everyone!

I hear the frustration. If only we knew where we stood in line it would make te whole process much easier. I don't mind waiting but tell me where I am at or something. Send me an AOR if that's what you are suppose to do. No one is accountable.

I nearly had a heart attack this morning (and I am still recovering). We got an email from CIC and the title read, "Information Requested". So I'm thinking this is great... Well I forgot I had requested my mailing address be updated and they emailed me to say they completed the change. What a let done. I was hoping for at least an AOR after 3 and a half months... But nothing!

Back to my waiting. Happy waiting!
hi @ behopeful, at least we know CIC is doing something. Have you sent a case specific enquiry (CSE) to POS to confirm receipt of your application in that office? I know people feel differently about how long they are willing to wait to do this. In my case I am still early days and I know some people never get an AOR; however, with the way POS operates I would have to inquire at the 3 month point in case they lost or misplaced my file or some other such error on their part. Happy waiting....lol.....good attitude

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Can-Vinc said:
Yes, it will be interesting to track against each others' timelines too! It really is great to have people that know what is going on and living it while we go through this.

Everything for us was by an archaic handwritten paperwork system as well... with the exception of our marriage certificate at the end. I know it is fun to blame POS for the waits, which we really have every right to do. But I think this handwritten paperwork, etc., has a lot to do with it as well. There are just so many things that need to be verified, reviewed, etc. to make sure they are legit that it takes time. The docs aren't trustworthy, I heard this is one of the reasons that they changed the visitors visa requirements last year for St. Vincent, St. Lucia, etc.. I'm really not trying to pass judgement but having only known the way it is here in Canada, I can't help but think/assume that if only they had a more secure infrastructure in place within the public sector in some of these countries, we wouldn't be waiting so long? Not that there is a damn thing we can do about it but rant! ;)
So true about the infrastructure. Smaller economies/countries, especially islands do not have the same resources and unfortunately this is one of the ways it affects people. My hubby is a born Trini but his father was from St. Vincent and he had just received his St. Vincent passport (by descent) if one of your parents was born Vini you can have both passports - and just as he got that passport Immigration slammed down that rule on SVG and St. Lucia. Boo...... :'(

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
POS - Does ARC supersede the PRA or vice versa - Seniors?

millslu said:
hey eveyone, does anyone know it the ARC superseides the PRA or vice versa. am asking that becasue i saw on the forum that before making a decision on your sponsorship application they need to know if you can enter the country again. its like not becasue you are mnarried to a canadian u automatically granted permisson to come back in the country. so i would like to know if they make a decision on the ARC before the make one on the Sponsorship application?
Hi @ Millslu, sorry I do not know anything on this topic - hopefully some of the seniors can chime in

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
CdnandTrini said:
hi @ behopeful, at least we know CIC is doing something. Have you sent a case specific enquiry (CSE) to POS to confirm receipt of your application in that office? I know people feel differently about how long they are willing to wait to do this. In my case I am still early days and I know some people never get an AOR; however, with the way POS operates I would have to inquire at the 3 month point in case they lost or misplaced my file or some other such error on their part. Happy waiting....lol.....good attitude
Good evening CdnandTrini... I have not sent a CSE yet. It has been my intentions to do this all week but I have not got around to it. The last 2 weeks have been crazy... Came back from Trinidad, moved, transitioning daughter to a new daycare... You know just the usual. It helps the time pass, actually more like the busy weeks help me lose track of time!!
My cut off was the 3 month mark and i had planned to send a CSE at that point. We received stage 1 January 11, so we are just past the 3 month mark. Hoping to get some time tomorrow...

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
millslu said:
Evening Millslu... I have no idea about this question either but hope someone can answer it for you. When you left Canada did you have a time period before you could re-enter? Usually for an exclusion order it is either a year or 2... What was yours? If the year passes before your get approval for PRA could you re enter without any issues if you were issued a VISA? I guess you only left in December though so it's likely you will get your VISA before the time lapses. MissD will know the answer! Miss hearing from her too by the way!

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
Behopeful said:
Evening Millslu... I have no idea about this question either but hope someone can answer it for you. When you left Canada did you have a time period before you could re-enter? Usually for an exclusion order it is either a year or 2... What was yours? If the year passes before your get approval for PRA could you re enter without any issues if you were issued a VISA? I guess you only left in December though so it's likely you will get your VISA before the time lapses. MissD will know the answer! Miss hearing from her too by the way!
oh thanks for the response, and yes i just left in december, i downloaded the V.O instructional manual, i dont know if you all have ever read it but let me see if i can post the link at the bottom here.it gives a good insight on how their work ect ect. its quite thorough. oh we miss @missd so much it been 8 month for her and its driving her craazyy so she is spending time away from the forum, until she hears something,i guess being on this forum from since december kinda stressed u out especailly not hearing anything in months, its so ridiculouse, i just realise in 4 month POS has only contacted 1 person so far well from the forum am sure there is other ppl that not on the forum that gets some kinda of feedback.

but anyways everyone else hold strong am two weeks away from my interview i already bought my place ticket for the day before i dont know if i gave myself enough time, my flight leave SLU 1:45pm on the 7th and departs POS 1:45pm on the 8th. hope the interview is not delayed or anything like that. thanks for all the info from @canadtrini.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf