Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Thanks Miss D. re: Port of Spain Office

MissDominica said:
Your AOR will contain a file number (mine started with F, although I have heard of the B ones as well) and a UCI (Client I.D.) for the applicant. The UCI you have now is just for the sponsor part of the application. Use the one you get with AOR to sign in to see progress on the applicant part (or no progress, as they are terrible at updating e-cas). My file number was the same listed on my sponsor approval and on my application AOR from POS. It didn't change. So I use the new UCI to sign into e-cas.
Thank you for the details Miss D. I hope your work is going well and helps to keep you somewhat distracted from the stress of the Long Distance Relationship(LDR). By the way it seems CIC did the quarterly update for file processing times on April 10, 2013 and Port of Spain is still holding steady at 18 months. Praying for all of us to stay strong through this. I have been with my hubby almost 6 years and we have been refused TRVs 5 times all for ridiculous reasons. So we are debating doing another one or me travelling back to Trini........but many things to consider. Keep calm and carry on! ::)

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Wow 5 times? And I thought our 2 refusals were bad.
What reasons did they give?

I am so tempted to apply again out of desperation

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Re: Reply: Thanks Miss D. re: Port of Spain Office

CdnandTrini said:
Thank you for the details Miss D. I hope your work is going well and helps to keep you somewhat distracted from the stress of the Long Distance Relationship(LDR). By the way it seems CIC did the quarterly update for file processing times on April 10, 2013 and Port of Spain is still holding steady at 18 months. Praying for all of us to stay strong through this. I have been with my hubby almost 6 years and we have been refused TRVs 5 times all for ridiculous reasons. So we are debating doing another one or me travelling back to Trini........but many things to consider. Keep calm and carry on! ::)
Wow 5 times! I'm scared to even try! I am sure we will be refused as well. I was thinking about maybe trying in May but I waiver. It cant hurt I huess. Would love to hear their reasons too! Keep us posted. Good for not getting discouraged though!

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
My husband refuses to try again. If it was up to me we would keep trying until he got PR

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
fromadistance said:
My husband refuses to try again. If it was up to me we would keep trying until he got PR
It's difficult because you get your hopes up and think you have a solid case and they still refuse. Did you end up sending anymore supporting documents yet? Has your husband ever been to Canada?

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Re: Reply: Thanks Miss D. re: Port of Spain Office

CdnandTrini said:
I saw the quarterly update hadn't been updated yet. It still says January 16/ 2013. I'm in my phone though so maybe I'm not seeing correctly. They do weekly updates for stage one, but appears the quarterly update hasn't been done yet. I'm sure it will hold steady at 18 months though! They don't move that fast!

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Behopeful said:
It's difficult because you get your hopes up and think you have a solid case and they still refuse. Did you end up sending anymore supporting documents yet? Has your husband ever been to Canada?
I haven't yet. Do u think its too early?
Waiting for our baby's birth certificate to send to them.

And no he has never been in canada.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Reply: Behopeful & Fromadistance - TRV refusals re: Port of Spain Office

Behopeful said:
Wow 5 times! I'm scared to even try! I am sure we will be refused as well. I was thinking about maybe trying in May but I waiver. It cant hurt I huess. Would love to hear their reasons too! Keep us posted. Good for not getting discouraged though!
Just posted a longish story with all the reasons we got for refusals. Trying does not hurt nor is it held against your PR and often it goes to show the genuine struggles we have as couples.

LoL.......I also said in my post if it was up to me we would apply weekly but hubby gets too disappointed.

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Where did u post it?
Im determined to try again but he wont have it :(

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

fromadistance said:
Where did u post it?
Im determined to try again but he wont have it :(
OMG!!! I can't find it???? It was almost a page long! I am tring to search for it now and if I cannot find it or screwed it up I will rewrite later and re-post :mad:

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Reply: Port of Spain TRV Refusals

fromadistance said:
fromadistance said:
Wow 5 times? And I thought our 2 refusals were bad.
What reasons did they give?

I am so tempted to apply again out of desperation
Here is a summary of our tale of woe! Each time POS office gave different reasons and each time we got the refusal checklist we corrected the reason, re-submitted and then got another reason for refusal. Really frustrating. 1st time - my husband had no travel history. He loves T&T, he has a large family, close to his mother and his kids there, he had no desire to travel until we met. So then he took 6 trips within the Caribbean.

We applied 2nd time and this time they said he did not have strong enough ties to his country for them to believe he would return, in spite of owning his own business, 2 properties, letters of support from my MP, his lawyer, proof of child support payments etc., etc.

3rd time, he actually saw the receptionist remove a document from his application (to this day we still do not know what happened) as he was leaving the office and we were refused again and WE KICKED UP A HUGE FUSS with both our governments (too long to tell here) basically accusing the office of improper ethics.

So then we applied again #4 and they interviewed him and asked him personal and extremely invasive questions about his sexual history which he refused to answer - not relevant at all to the process - and we were refused AGAIN - because I am sure by now they hated us ;). Reason given this time in an e-mail was that we were "trying too hard" and on the checklist, they did not believe he had enough money even though he had $$$ in his bank account, I own my home, letter from my employer, bank joint account and family hosting etc.

#5 We got engaged on one of my trips there and knew we were going to get married and submit PR so we thought ok one final try and refusal again. I cannot even remember the reasons they claimed but by this time we know it is all bogus anyway and my husband gets really devastated by this cycle. I get more mad and determined and feel like OK we'll apply every month until it gets so ridiculous that someone will have to eventually say yes. However, I have to be sensitive to my husband's state of mind and because I am born Canadian I am always an advocate and he feels (in his words) because he is born Trini, that everything is corrupt and what's the point? Soooooo....now that we are married we may try one more time depending on how long it seems our application will take. We were together for 6 weeks between Nov. 2012 & Jan. 2013 and prior to that had been apart 18 months!! So stressful. I pray immigration starts improving their processes because as you all know this is emotionally and physically brutal to have to go through. I am grateful that we are not going through this with young children, extra prayers for those of you that do. Sorry for the long winded answer but you asked :D Blessings to all.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
fromadistance said:
I haven't yet. Do u think its too early?
Waiting for our baby's birth certificate to send to them.

And no he has never been in canada.
I really have no idea if it is too soon or not. I figure we are around the same point in the application process.
I'm just putting a few things together to send them this week or next. We have more pictures, letters, boarding passes from our trip. Nothing huge but I want it to be there. I will send fingerprints when I get them from the RCMP. Do you think it can hinder the application if its sent too soon?

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Re: Reply: Port of Spain TRV Refusals

CdnandTrini said:
Here is a summary of our tale of woe! Each time POS office gave different reasons and each time we got the refusal checklist we corrected the reason, re-submitted and then got another reason for refusal. Really frustrating. 1st time - my husband had no travel history. He loves T&T, he has a large family, close to his mother and his kids there, he had no desire to travel until we met. So then he took 6 trips within the Caribbean.

We applied 2nd time and this time they said he did not have strong enough ties to his country for them to believe he would return, in spite of owning his own business, 2 properties, letters of support from my MP, his lawyer, proof of child support payments etc., etc.

3rd time, he actually saw the receptionist remove a document from his application (to this day we still do not know what happened) as he was leaving the office and we were refused again and WE KICKED UP A HUGE FUSS with both our governments (too long to tell here) basically accusing the office of improper ethics.

So then we applied again #4 and they interviewed him and asked him personal and extremely invasive questions about his sexual history which he refused to answer - not relevant at all to the process - and we were refused AGAIN - because I am sure by now they hated us ;). Reason given this time in an e-mail was that we were "trying too hard" and on the checklist, they did not believe he had enough money even though he had $$$ in his bank account, I own my home, letter from my employer, bank joint account and family hosting etc.

#5 We got engaged on one of my trips there and knew we were going to get married and submit PR so we thought ok one final try and refusal again. I cannot even remember the reasons they claimed but by this time we know it is all bogus anyway and my husband gets really devastated by this cycle. I get more mad and determined and feel like OK we'll apply every month until it gets so ridiculous that someone will have to eventually say yes. However, I have to be sensitive to my husband's state of mind and because I am born Canadian I am always an advocate and he feels (in his words) because he is born Trini, that everything is corrupt and what's the point? Soooooo....now that we are married we may try one more time depending on how long it seems our application will take. We were together for 6 weeks between Nov. 2012 & Jan. 2013 and prior to that had been apart 18 months!! So stressful. I pray immigration starts improving their processes because as you all know this is emotionally and physically brutal to have to go through. I am grateful that we are not going through this with young children, extra prayers for those of you that do. Sorry for the long winded answer but you asked :D Blessings to all.
Thank you so much for sharing your story. I feel even more confident we will not be approved!!! Oh well... Always worth a try as you said! Was your husband in Canada or did you meet in Trinidad?

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Re: Reply: Port of Spain TRV Refusals

CdnandTrini said:

Thanks for sharing. Wow that is unbelievable.

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Behopeful said:
I really have no idea if it is too soon or not. I figure we are around the same point in the application process.
I'm just putting a few things together to send them this week or next. We have more pictures, letters, boarding passes from our trip. Nothing huge but I want it to be there. I will send fingerprints when I get them from the RCMP. Do you think it can hinder the application if its sent too soon?
Yeah we do have similar timeline. I do not believe it should hinder the process but who knows with POS. Although I have been bugging them quite a bit so I am kinda scared to send anything soon because they might think I am a pest. But I think u should definitely send more proof if you have it