+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port Of Entry Officer (Letter of Introduction)

Able2

Mar 20, 2011
Hello,

When presenting the Letter of Introduction to the Port of Entry Officer to essentially be granted the working holiday visa (work permit), how long does this procedure take (e.g. 5 mins, 30 mins)? I have already submitted a criminal record check to essentially apply for the working holiday visa, therefore been given a Letter of Introduction, will the Port of Entry Officer re-check the criminal history again?

Regards,

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Able2 said:
Hello,

When presenting the Letter of Introduction to the Port of Entry Officer to essentially be granted the working holiday visa (work permit), how long does this procedure take (e.g. 5 mins, 30 mins)? I have already submitted a criminal record check to essentially apply for the working holiday visa, therefore been given a Letter of Introduction, will the Port of Entry Officer re-check the criminal history again?

Regards,
They will check the notes in their computer to ensure everything is completed. 5 to 30 minutes with the CBSA officer is average, excluding wait times to get through the line.

dieguitobueno

Oct 15, 2013
Able2 said:
Hello,

Regards,
Hello Able,

From your experience:
I've received with my POE Introduction Letter already (without the passport request for stamping a specific Work Visa).
And I already have a valid TRV Visitor multiple entries.
I am reading a lot from the forum and from the cic website, but no clear information so far.

Did you have a work visa stamped when you get to the POE Airport?

Thank you