22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Hi everyone,

I took the General test March 5th and was curious if anyone had similar experiences.

The initial conversation with the proctor went well. He sort of laughed when I told him English is my first language, and continued to laugh each time he asked me the questions (no big deal there). One question was about climate control (which I'll admit I know very little about), and what the different governments throughout the world should do about it. I answered it the best I could, but was a little perplexed by it. The next was about public transportation and what I liked about it (this could be problematic for someone in a smaller city/town without public transit).

The 1-2 minute speaking part was about the weather patterns. I'm not a meteorologist by any means, thus again was a bit stumped by the task.

My question is, are these normal questions? I spoke with others there who were given questions about if they were early birds or night owls. While I feel fairly confident in my actual speaking abilities, my knowledge on both is minimal at best (I don't take public transit and prefer to drive my car). These seemed more like questions they would ask you on an academic test than a general "can you speak English well" test.