+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Verification of spouse for express entry

Montyagi

Jan 16, 2017
I have applied for PR in express entry. I have got the invitation. My husband is in US since past 2.5 years.

He has to get the police clearance both from India and US?

Can someone please help me with

1) process of getting Police clearance certificate in US
2) How long will it take?
3) What if I do not get within 90 days?

juluri

Dec 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry PR visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Montyagi said:
I have applied for PR in express entry. I have got the invitation. My husband is in US since past 2.5 years.

He has to get the police clearance both from India and US?

Can someone please help me with

1) process of getting Police clearance certificate in US
2) How long will it take?
3) What if I do not get within 90 days?
If your husband staying in US and wants to get Indian PCC done from US ... he can visit the consular office and get it done.
For US PCC he can get the finger prints done in nearest police station or fingerprint agency and send it directly to the following address along with application form and fee.
FBI CJIS Division – Summary Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306

follow the below link to know more details
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Montyagi

Jan 16, 2017
Thanks for your reply.

The police verification from US (FBI) would take around 12 to 14 weeks.

Do I have to wait for this long before submitting my application or they can provide me some acknowledgement number with which I can submit my application?

juluri

Dec 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry PR visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Montyagi said:
Thanks for your reply.

The police verification from US (FBI) would take around 12 to 14 weeks.

Do I have to wait for this long before submitting my application or they can provide me some acknowledgement number with which I can submit my application?
Though FBI say the processing times are from 12 to 14 weeks... it will actually take around 2 months for you to get the results.
Currently they are process Dec 22nd applications and mailing out December 12th applicant results.

Even if you dont get your FBI results with in the time you can still submit CIC with all the evidence like the finger prints copies, application form and mail tracking number and date of delivery receipt and LOE ... other than this you wouldn't have any other acknowledgement number... Since CIC already knew the high processing times for FBI they would consider your request and give additional time for submitting FBI PCC report.