+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearence

nickyviky

Jan 24, 2015
I was born in Saudi Arabia and lived there till i was 11 years and later came back to India (in India since age of 18 years)
do I need PC from Saudi Arabia???

Because I see this Note in the CIC site:
Note: This includes the requirement to provide a PC for countries in which the individual has traveled for six months or more, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
nickyviky said:
I was born in Saudi Arabia and lived there till i was 11 years and later came back to India (in India since age of 18 years)

Note: This includes the requirement to provide a PC for countries in which the individual has traveled for six months or more, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
No, you do not need the Saudi PCC.

anvar21

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nickyviky said:

My understanding is You don't need PC from Saudi Arabia.

springchicken

Aug 29, 2014
According to CIC, no need if you were there when you were 18 years and UNDER

"In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18."

nickyviky

Jan 24, 2015
yeah!!! Anyway Thanks,I also feel its not required,
But I am confused with the Note in CIC site:In this note it does not tell about 18 years clause :)

The rules and regulations are like a visious circle :) :)

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hello experts,
While I came to Canada, I brought police clearance from my home country. After that I haven't visited there.It's been 3 years I'm in Canada. Do I still need new police clearance certificate even though I haven't back there since now !!!

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iceberge said:
Hello experts,
While I came to Canada, I brought police clearance from my home country. After that I haven't visited there.It's been 3 years I'm in Canada. Do I still need new police clearance certificate even though I haven't back there since now !!!
I don't think so considering the fact that you didn't travel back to your home country.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hemi427 said:
I don't think so considering the fact that you didn't travel back to your home country.
Thanks Hemi427 for your quick reply.

John155

Jan 6, 2015
Dear all,

I'm writing this post to get some clarification on PCC issues. I'm an Indian citizen living in Canada for the past 1 year through work permit. I would like to apply for Canada immigration under CEC and now I'm at the stage of profile submission and would like to know the PCC requirement.
I was working in oil and gas industry in Iranian offshore. For that reason I was traveling to Iran offshore for the period of April 2009 to January 2011. My work rotation was 4 weeks on followed by 4 weeks off. I've never resided in Iranian territory for more than 30 days in a single trip. Moreover I spend full time on offshore platform and stay on Iranian land for 1-2 days per trip. Totally it was around 12 trips made until January 2011.

Now I'm bit confused what to do? Do I need to prepare to get iran pcc? If yes I think it's hard to get from Iran since not a citizen of Iranian, it needs to apply through local embassy but here it's Ottawa the Iranian embassy is closed. Only the way is contact the iran embassy in U.S. So please provide any alternative to this? If they ask Can I give some explanation to visa office about this? As per the cic guidelines, one needs to give PCC from country where he/she stayed for more than 6 consecutive months like in a row, but I have never resided in Iran for more than 30 days in each trip. So, is it possible I try to explain this again to VO?

May be anyone had similar situation and they got some solution.
Please please, help me to tackle this situation. I'll be highly obliged.
Waiting for some positive inputs in this topic. I shall be thankful in this regard.