+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance (PCC) from UAE when you don't have the ID and any copy of your last residence in UAE

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Good morning catapv (at least it's 7:30 a.m. where I am in Canada).

I just now saw your responses to what I have written. I'll provide what reply I can now and think a bit more about a few things, to come back later.

I'll deal with this one now.
My wife went to the Kuwait Embassy in Singapore and they provided her the link to the Embassy site about how to obtain a PCC.
Reading on the site of the Embassy we found the following requirements:
  1. Clear copy of the first page of the passport (Old & new passport).
  2. Copy of the Civil ID (both sides).
  3. Copy of Residency Permit / Kuwaiti visa.
  4. Passport-size photo (preferred blue background).
  5. Letter from the authorities requesting the good conduct certificate.
What is worrying us is point 3. My wife has no more her old passport (she worked between 2001 and 2004). From what I read in your post, in your case, they did not require this point 3.
Another question is: Can we do it up-front to the Embassy or only by email? From what we read on their site they invite us to apply by email.
I understand your concern about point #3. It was not a concern when dealing with Kuawit Embassy in Manila. I have verified with my "client" and she did not have to provide that. And, as for the second part of your question, in Manila she was able to attend in person and it went smoothly. Very different from my wife's experience with the UAE Embassy in Manila. They won't let you near the place.

Reactions: catapv

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Thank you again for the information @Kaibigan
Does that mean she has to fly to Dubai?
" One guess would be it means a copy of passport showing when last in the UAE." Yes, I have the same understanding. But she does not have anymore that passport (she worked from 1998 to 2000).
I found on Google helplinegroups.com that claims to help in obtaining the PCC from Middle Est. Did you have any knowledge about them? Are them a trusted company?
Regards
I won't say she must go to Dubai. In fact, probably not. In our case, we grew weary of runaround, roadblocks, false leads, etc. Persistence was not well rewarded. On the other hand, my correspondence directly with Dubai police was encouraging. So, in the end, we decided "to fight no more forever" once we had assurance in writing from Dubai police. We chose to see it as a bit of a holiday. It allowed my wife an opportunity to go there under very different circumstances. When there as a worker, for several years, she was miserable. In fact, she won't much talk about it. She says only that she could never force herself to work there again. She says her years in Hong Kong were no picnic, but bearable and, if she had to, she could work there again.

It helped that friends here introduced me to long-term residents of Abu Dhabi/Dubai. They were saints. We were strangers to them, but they met us at the airport and helped a lot. They also acted as tour guides. They explained how things work there and how we should get onto the police right away to get things started. They were right. They took us to the police office (and they knew the right one) direct from the airport - 10:30 at night. They warned that it would take most of our week there to get the PCC. They were right. I had never been in that part of the world before. So the trip was a pleasure, although I was surprised that it's 11 hours flying from Manila. Further than I thought.

in our research, we came across more than one group/organization/business, that held out as able to assist in procuring a PCC. I have to say I no longer recall why, but they did not, at that time, instill in me a feeling of confidence. I think my impression was that I might hand them money, but obtain no result. Perhaps my research was less than exhaustive. With luck, someone on this site will have some experience with one of those outfits and can speak to the matter.

So, I am sure a trip to Dubai will work, but not for everyone. It takes time, which maybe your wife does not have. I am not sure she should go there on her own. For you to go too, you have to have time for the trip, probably meeting up with your fiancé in Manila or Cebu. If she is not from one of those cities, she must get there first. For my wife, it's a 1-hour flight to Manila. I was there and we went to Manila, then Dubai, together.

So, there is the time element and, of course, there's a financial cost. I did not keep track at all, but I would guess we spent about $5,000 in total. Maybe a bit less.

I'll see if I can look back for anything I had at the time about external "help" agencies.
@Kaibigan My wife just told me that she still has a former friend in Dubai.
Would she be able to help to avoid a trip to Dubai?
What does she need to apply to her behalf ? A representative letter?

Regards

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
@Kaibigan My wife just told me that she still has a former friend in Dubai.
Would she be able to help to avoid a trip to Dubai?
What does she need to apply to her behalf ? A representative letter?

Regards
The friend in Dubai might be an ace in the hole. An approach might be to write to Dubai police and ask if the friend can attend at their office as agent, and bring a fingerprint card for your wife from Singapore, any photos required, copy of current passport, apostilled or whatever, along with whatever form of authorization they might require. Would not hurt to ask.

catapv

Jul 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
When there as a worker, for several years, she was miserable. In fact, she won't much talk about it. She says only that she could never force herself to work there again. She says her years in Hong Kong were no picnic, but bearable and, if she had to, she could work there again.
Thank you so much @Kaibigan
Priceless information.
Same experience for my wife, just replace Hong Kong with Singapore, if not the same story.

Regards

Reactions: Kaibigan

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I should add that, if you decide to write to Dubai police, use this email address:

التحريات - التصاريح والشهادات <certificate@dubaipolice.gov.ae>

I think you can omit the Arabic :)

The address I have given is one of several I have. It was the source of the most useful information. If you have difficulties corresponding with them, let me know. I have an abundance of emails I exchanged with several sources over there. I can go back through them and see if there may be others that will add information, if needed. I seem to recall getting information in somewhat piecemeal fashion, not all from the same place.

Last edited:
  • Love

catapv

Jul 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
I should add that, if you decide to write to Dubai police, use this email address:

التحريات - التصاريح والشهادات <certificate@dubaipolice.gov.ae>

I think you can omit the Arabic :)

The address I have given is one of several I have. It was the source of the most useful information. It you have difficulties corresponding with them, let me know. I have an abundance of emails I exchanged with several sources over there. I can go back through them and see if there may be others that will add information, if needed. I seem to recall getting information in somewhat piecemeal fashion, not all from the same place.
Thank you so much! Passing by Montreal I will pay a beer for you :)

Reactions: Kaibigan

catapv

Jul 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi @Kaibigan ,
I hope you're doing well.
I'm still fighting for the COC from UAE. I applied online but in their replying letter, I still see they require the passport with visas:
"Passport & Employment/Residence/Visit Visa copy"
I was thinking about how it worked for your wife. My conclusion is that your visit to UAE was a must. By going there your wife obtained in her current passport an entry visa. In their request, it is not specified to provide a specific entry Visa. Thus, the condition was completed by showing the entry Visa from your entry in UAE when you went to Police in Dubai. My wife also should go there, in person.
What do you think?

Regards,
Catalin

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Hi @Kaibigan ,
I hope you're doing well.
I'm still fighting for the COC from UAE. I applied online but in their replying letter, I still see they require the passport with visas:
"Passport & Employment/Residence/Visit Visa copy"
I was thinking about how it worked for your wife. My conclusion is that your visit to UAE was a must. By going there your wife obtained in her current passport an entry visa. In their request, it is not specified to provide a specific entry Visa. Thus, the condition was completed by showing the entry Visa from your entry in UAE when you went to Police in Dubai. My wife also should go there, in person.
What do you think?

Regards,
Catalin
I have sent you a pm on this, but I'll state here, briefly, that it might take your wife's personal attendance in Dubai to get the job done. First, she might want to contact Dubai police and explain her situation, the documents she has and the documents she does not have, ask ask straight out if she can get the pcc if she comes there in person. That is what we did. We were willing to spend the time and money for both of us to go to Dubai, but we wanted some written assurance before we did so. Dubai police gave us that. I can provide you with the email address, since Dubai police have several and you won't get same information from each. Looking back upthread, I think I provided the Dubai police address used for our most useful correspondence. When I started out using one or two other addresses, I tended to get back more general responses.

Last edited: