+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance - Indonesia

AmandaB

Apr 26, 2010
Hi... does anyone have any experience getting the Police Clearance from Indonesia. We are trying to find out how to get it, but the Police here seem to be most unhelpful.
Thanks!

I

iarblue

Indonesia
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes.

How and where do I obtain one?

Local Requests
Applicants should obtain a Surat Keterangan Kelakuan Baik (SKKB) from the police authorities of their area of residence. Indonesian residents will need to provide their identity card, family card, birth certificate and a letter from the head of their community and sub-district.

Non-Resident Requests
Former foreign residents should provide a copy of their passport, a copy of KITAS (Work Permit), a copy of SKLD (Yellow book/police report), a letter from their previous employer, other documents related to employment while in Indonesia, three 4x6 cm colour photographs, a full set of fingerprints and the applicable fees. The Indonesian police will not issue certificates to applicants not in possession of KIMS and SKLD. Applicants may authorize a third party to process the certificate from the local police office in the city where they used to live. Applicants having lived in Jakarta should apply to:

Director INTELKAM
Attn. KASI YANMIN
POLDA METRO JAYA
Jalan Jendral Sudirman Kav. 55
Jakarta Selatan
Telephone: (62-21)523-4332

AmandaB

Apr 26, 2010
Thanks... I've seen that before, but things just are never so clear and easy to do in Indonesia.:S

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Hi, I'm an Indonesian in Canada (citizen), sponsoring my dad....
he got his police certificate at downtown Jakarta....
but I dont know how you can get that if you're in Canada...

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Hm, yeah, that I don't know. But, because you are the sponsor, do you even need a police certificate? Your father, as the applicant will need one, and it will need to be translated as well.

I am not entirely sure if you do, as I am also a sponsor and I did not. However, I have been living in Canada for the majority of my life, so the difference could be that.

I hope you can find someone more helpful! Sorry!

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
The police certificate issued from Indonesia is already in English (it's both in Indonesian & ENglish) so it doesn't need to be translated. But you have to SEND THE ORIGINAL.

MrKeren

Jun 17, 2011
hi..

I'm an indonesian living in canada.

i just got my police record... and what the ****... the translation if so bad...
the police record is in both indonesian and english, but the english translation sounds so freaking wrong...

Anybody experiencing this? Do i need to translate it again?

Sunshineee

Jun 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 April 2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 May 2011
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
13 May 2011
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
22 Feb 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21 July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
08 Aug 2011
LANDED..........
October 2011
AmandaB said:
Hi... does anyone have any experience getting the Police Clearance from Indonesia. We are trying to find out how to get it, but the Police here seem to be most unhelpful.
Thanks!

Hi AmandaB!
first , you should prepare your photograph 6pcs (4x6), copy your ID // passport 2 pcs, copy KARTU KELUARGA (if im not mistake) 4pcs
im not sure how many they need. but i suggest you to bring more...because they charge you to copy and the person who is in charge for this machine is not easy to find ...

and bring all to : POLDA METRO JAYA
Jalan Jendral Sudirman Kav. 55
Jakarta Selatan
Telephone: (62-21)523-4332

you only need to pay IDR 10.000

then they will ask you for finger print , fill the form and then you must wait till they finish type it in bahasa.

then you need to bring it to BLOK M, i forget the address, but u can ask them there...
at Blok M (Polda Metro jaya) , they will translate it to you instantly...less than 15mnts, and its FREE...

and as far as i know...they're really helpful.
i was so surprised just spend IDR 10.000...hahaha...

anyway...i suggest you to go early in the morning 8am arrived there.

good luck for all of us!! :) ;)

chrisfmc

Dec 24, 2012
Hi,

Are we able to get police clearances online from the Jakarta Police Head Quarters?

Need it badly...

and the problem is i don't have my KITAS and SKLD anymore... its been more then 10 years since i worked there...

Any advice?

Thanks

manang1

Apr 13, 2013
hi, is anyone here got his police certificate? my husband work in Jarakta Indonesia for 6months but he is no longer staying in Jakarta. We already knew the requirements but since he is not already in Jakarta how can he obtain a finger printing? thanks a lot

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
Hi, anyone has any update about getting the police clearance from Indonesia? especially we dont have family and/or friends there anymore, any idea? :eek: :eek:

Coldstream63

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor 07-03-2015, Applicant 30-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-04-2015
Med's Done....
Received 30-12-2014
Interview........
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2015
LANDED..........
Flight booked for 11-11-2015
My wife did her in person at the police station in Surabaya. She works in Singapore, and we were back in Indo for our honeymoon. As they take the fingerprint, it has to be in person.

That said, you may want to talk to the Indonesian embassy here in Canada for verification, and document what they say.

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
anyone can help to process Police clearance from indonesia WITHOUT going there directly??? any agent recommended??
please kindly advise... :eek: :eek: