+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Check

jcvcr

Feb 26, 2014
I submitted my CEC application with an old PCC (issued in end of 2011 before I entered Canada on work permit in early 2012 ). I've been staying in Canada since then.
After my application, i totally forgot to get a new Police Clearance Check in my home country until days ago an email from CIC reminds me of that (a general reminder to all applicants, not case specific)
I am now preparing for that and may have to fly back to get a new one. My concern is that on CIC's letter, it says: " MUST BE RECEIVED within 30 days of this email". What will happen if I cannot get it done within 30 days? (Sure I will get it asap)

Thanks
JC

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Well, if you don't submit the PCC with your application, you are supposed to be prepared to submit it on request.

Do the best you can. If you get close to the 30-day deadline, do not ignore it. Communicate with CIC, tell them what you have been doing to get the PCC, and that you will submit it as soon as you receive it.

If the deadline goes by and CIC has not heard from you, they may make a decision on your case without the PCC. Which would almost always be negative.

tclinton

Mar 17, 2014
Hello, sorry going to kinda hijack this thread for a question, with providing your Police check in your account, it gives you the option to Upload your file. But if you read in other pages it says Photocopies of Police checks are not acceptable. So can i not scan it and upload it? Or do i have to send it away via mail?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
As far as I am aware, all PCCs must be submitted as originals and never as scans or copies.

tclinton

Mar 17, 2014
That's what I thought but that's the only option..Is to Upload the Police certificate, otherwise it will be left as not provided..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
tclinton said:
Hello, sorry going to kinda hijack this thread for a question, with providing your Police check in your account, it gives you the option to Upload your file. But if you read in other pages it says Photocopies of Police checks are not acceptable. So can i not scan it and upload it? Or do i have to send it away via mail?

That's what I thought but that's the only option..Is to Upload the Police certificate, otherwise it will be left as not provided..
Sorry, can you clarify what "it" is, as in "it gives you the option" - what are you referring to? And, "That's the only option" in what?

PCCs must be original documents, you have to mail them to CIC.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
He might be referring to the below remark accompanying each PCC request:

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable. When attaching your document(s), please ensure that they are smaller than 5MB and that each document is attached individually.

Although I am aware that PCC Originals should be sent, the last sentence above potentially causes confusion.

tclinton

Mar 17, 2014
When I log into My CIC account, so in the checklist of required documents. There is a list of everything I need to upload from the application to photo, IEC Conditional acceptance letter etc... And for Police certificate section there is also an Upload button next to it. (how everything else is uploaded) so its saying upload my police certificate file.
But obviously I have read in other pages on the CIC website that photocopies are not acceptable. But i have to read officially in my application process that i have to send it away..Or where i am to send it to.
Cheers
Trent

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
tclinton said:
When I log into My CIC account, so in the checklist of required documents. There is a list of everything I need to upload from the application to photo, IEC Conditional acceptance letter etc... And for Police certificate section there is also an Upload button next to it. (how everything else is uploaded) so its saying upload my police certificate file.
But obviously I have read in other pages on the CIC website that photocopies are not acceptable. But i have to read officially in my application process that i have to send it away..Or where i am to send it to.
OH, OK, so your question is not related to applications for permanent residence (PR) under the CEC class, which is what members of this forum discuss.

Honestly I have no idea about IEC programs, but the rules are not the same as for PR. So if the website guides you to upload police clearance certificates, then you should probably do so. Good luck!