+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Hi All,

I just realised I need Police Clearance certificates from 3 countries, which is a bit of a nightmare and I've read that some people have given the wrong PCC's from Australia.

Does anyone know exactly which PCC I need from the UK and Australia to hand over to immigration agents?

I lived in the UK over 15 years ago but I was over 18 (yes I'm getting old).. I still need it from the UK correct?

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
GavinSouthAfrica said:
Hi All,

I just realised I need Police Clearance certificates from 3 countries, which is a bit of a nightmare and I've read that some people have given the wrong PCC's from Australia.

Does anyone know exactly which PCC I need from the UK and Australia to hand over to immigration agents?

I lived in the UK over 15 years ago but I was over 18 (yes I'm getting old).. I still need it from the UK correct?
I don't think so that you will be requiring the PCC of UK as read somewhere that CIC requires PCC of only those countries where you live within the last ten years only.

Reactions: Bdboy71

rasel

Apr 23, 2011
Canada.
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
App. Filed.......
20-05-2013
IELTS Request
7 (L: 7.5, R, W: 6.5, S: 7)
File Transfer...
27-05-2013
Med's Request
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
LANDED..........
30-08-2013
Yes, you have to collect PCC from all countries where you lived a total of 6 months or more. Instructions are given below:

UK PCC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/united-kingdom.asp
Australia PCC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
karenn1617 said:
I don't think so that you will be requiring the PCC of UK as read somewhere that CIC requires PCC of only those countries where you live within the last ten years only.
I believe it's every country you have lived in since you were 18. It's annoying because my partner left her home country at the age of 19 (over 10 years ago now) and her home country is a really awkward place when it comes to obtaining police clearance.

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
I just remembered that my wife spent 18 months in America when she was 19... so it's 7 police clearances in total..

The American one seems to be the biggest pain surprisingly. UK and Oz are both happy for online applications but the FBI need me to post rubbish.

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
GavinSouthAfrica said:
I just remembered that my wife spent 18 months in America when she was 19... so it's 7 police clearances in total..

The American one seems to be the biggest pain surprisingly. UK and Oz are both happy for online applications but the FBI need me to post rubbish.
If you think that's bad you should see the requirements and timescales for a Japanese one. They are truly evil.

Reactions: ALTaylor

harmit214@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have to apply for my UK PCC once I receive an ITA. In the application they have mentioned Endorser details.

Do I have to mention or find an endorser with whom the UK ACRO will confirm about me???? I spoke with someone and he asked me to ignore the details and not fill them?

Can you please suggest?

Thanks

ALTaylor

Star Member
May 11, 2017
The UK police clearance certificate took 20 days to get to me from the UK to SA.
The Chinese police clearance certificate has been a challenge. There is no government system. You have to nominate someone that lives there and each province has its own system. Agents are quick to charge $700 and more!
The SA police clearance certificate is also relatively simple and quick to get (I live in Cape Town and I think it took just over two weeks to arrive).

Reactions: Houzi

Xtreme Innovations

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have to apply for my UK PCC once I receive an ITA. In the application they have mentioned Endorser details.

Do I have to mention or find an endorser with whom the UK ACRO will confirm about me???? I spoke with someone and he asked me to ignore the details and not fill them?

Can you please suggest?

Thanks

You have to fill the section for endorser, they might or might not get to the person. I filled the name of a colleague of mine who met the characteristics of an endorser (it’s a wide range of categories, so it would not be a hard thing to do). The UK process is quite straight forward and you would get your certificate within the stipulated time indicated.

Reactions: ALTaylor

ALTaylor

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Yes, an endorser can be a type of manager. They provide a list. I think you can also get your doctor, etc. to agree to be an endorser. It's very easy.

harmit214@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
You have to fill the section for endorser, they might or might not get to the person. I filled the name of a colleague of mine who met the characteristics of an endorser (it’s a wide range of categories, so it would not be a hard thing to do). The UK process is quite straight forward and you would get your certificate within the stipulated time indicated.

Hey thanks for your response .... Really appreciate it ....

I live in India and just wanted to know approximately how many days it'll take the pcc to reach me ....

I heard it nearly takes 20-25 days inclusive of the 10 days processing times taken by ACRO....

Any idea how long it takes ????

Xtreme Innovations

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hey thanks for your response .... Really appreciate it ....

I live in India and just wanted to know approximately how many days it'll take the pcc to reach me ....

I heard it nearly takes 20-25 days inclusive of the 10 days processing times taken by ACRO....

Any idea how long it takes ????
Mine took about two weeks to get to me by regular mail. I was in Ghana then

StarryEyed

Jul 13, 2022
Yes, an endorser can be a type of manager. They provide a list. I think you can also get your doctor, etc. to agree to be an endorser. It's very easy.
I have been trying to find an endorser. Everyone I asked gently refused. They think they might get into trouble. I was in UK for a year as a student. Promptly completed my Masters and came back. How does one go about convincing people that it’s nothing to be scared of lol

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have been trying to find an endorser. Everyone I asked gently refused. They think they might get into trouble. I was in UK for a year as a student. Promptly completed my Masters and came back. How does one go about convincing people that it’s nothing to be scared of lol
If it is getting tricky try to do it through agent they are expensive but you don't have to worry about these things.