Police Clearance Certificate Translation Inquiry

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I will be getting the PCC from my home country, and I have had a family member process this and then take it to a translator to get it into english. They have stamped it etc.

I keep reading about an "affadavit" being required for non-Canadian certified translators, can someone help me out here?

Is this a separate file? Or is their stamp enough?

Similar query with Birth Certificate.

I will be getting the hard copies of the originals, and as well the translated documents in person over christmas when the family member visits.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you're getting the translation from a non-certified translator you need:

Translation + affidavit + notarized

An affidavit is an oath taken in front of a notary public basically declaring that the translation was made by the best abilities of the translator.

Cheers and +1 me bro :)

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Since you're getting the translation from a non-certified translator you need:

Translation + affidavit + notarized

An affidavit is an oath taken in front of a notary public basically declaring that the translation was made by the best abilities of the translator.

Cheers and +1 me bro :)
I gave you the +1.

The documents I will be getting are:

1. The original police clearance certificate
2. A translation, with seal by the translator.

On the bottom of the translated document it says "I, an officially accredited translator of the English language appointed by the President of traunstein Regional Court, herewith confirm that the foregoing is a correct and compelte translation of the original document submitted to me in German"

I think it is safe to say then, that this is the affadavit right?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The stamp is good enough when doing the translation with a certified translator. It is also enough with american translators and when a consulate does the translation.

In this case yes, I would recommend getting the affidavit

Cheers :)

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
The stamp is good enough when doing the translation with a certified translator. It is also enough with american translators and when a consulate does the translation.

In this case yes, I would recommend getting the affidavit

Cheers :)
I edited my comment at the same time you replied - it seems the wording of the affadavit is already on the translated document :)

sujithsj85

Oct 11, 2016
Dear Ravdawg and DelPiero07, Senior Members,

Was reading through your comments below. Im in the same seat you were in the past now :)

I have been looking around in the CIC website and got some info which doesn't give the full picture on the process.

Hence , would kindly ask your help/advice on 3 points :

1) Im currently in Munich and would like to do the process online , would you happen to know the website to apply for the german police clearance certificate online , and how much would it roughly cost ? how soon would we get it (again based on your experience) if you know.

2) How do we translate the PCC which would be in German to English at Munich ? Can my colleagues who are not certified translators do it for me? Would it be accepted by CIC , what additional documents would i need to make it authentic/acceptable ?

3) How long (in months) would be the validity of the certificate once issued?

Kindly do let me know , any information around this would be of great help !!

Kind Regards
Sujith

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/germany.asp

2 - See answers above

3 - Since you're living in Germany it has a validity of 6 months.

sujithsj85

Oct 11, 2016
Dear DelPiero07,

Thank you for the quick reply :)

1 - I got this link as well , then was pointed to website for bundesjustizamt.de this is the right website i hope ?

2 - See answers above -- Thanks , got it !!

3 - Since you're living in Germany it has a validity of 6 months - Thanks got it but im only temporarily in Munich for 5 more months and not a german citizen, in this case is it still 6 months ?

Kindly do suggest.

BR
Sujith