+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate - Question about Finger print forms - USA

p.aparna78

May 2, 2010
Seniors / Experienced, please suggest what to write for the following questions on Finger print form:

1. Employer and Address
2. Aliases ( I don't have one)
3. Citizenship
4. Your No.
5. FBI No.
6. Armed Forces No. ( I dn't have any)
7. Miscellaneous No.

Also, please suggest about how many copies of finger print sheets requried (one or two?) for this process?

*Can I give the address of my friend to get the PCC delivered to his address, because I don't know about how long I will stay in current place in USA?*

Thank you...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
p.aparna78 said:
Seniors / Experienced, please suggest what to write for the following questions on Finger print form:

1. Employer and Address
2. Aliases ( I don't have one)
3. Citizenship
4. Your No.
5. FBI No.
6. Armed Forces No. ( I dn't have any)
7. Miscellaneous No.

Write N/A for any category that does not apply to you. Hopefully, you know how to fill in your citizenship :) Some of the fields are for the person who takes the fingerprints. If it is a professional, they will know how to complete it. Miscellaneous number - if you have a US social security number, I would supply that.

Also, please suggest about how many copies of finger print sheets requried (one or two?) for this process?

Only one is required, but it doesn't hurt to get an extra just in case...

*Can I give the address of my friend to get the PCC delivered to his address, because I don't know about how long I will stay in current place in USA?*

yes, if you download the "coversheet" from the FBI website, (it is an application form), you will see you can separately list your current address and a mailing address. It will be sent to the mailing address.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

spprivate

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/05/2010
Doc's Request.
05/06/2010
AOR Received.
12/09/2010
It is always better to go to nearby police station and take finger prints.They also take two copies and advice to send both just in case one doesnt match or not clear the other can be used.Also getting it done from professional gives less worries of being returned after 13 weeks.

Yes you can give a different address.

Make sure you mention a date on the letter and the envelope as to when you need it.

I followed all these and I got the record check in 6 weeks compared to the normal time line of 13 weeks

p.aparna78

May 2, 2010
Thanks jes_ON & spprivate for your kind support. I still need clear answers for the below:

1. Employer and Address: Which employer address ? I am currently working on L1, do I need to give that employer name and address?
2. Aliases ( I don't have one): N/A
3. Citizenship : Is it required to fill my current citizenship, India?
4. Your No.: What is this number?
5. FBI No.: I have taken finger prints today at local police department, but the police could not provide the FBI No. Can I put N/A for this?
6. Armed Forces No. ( I dn't have any) : N/A
7. Miscellaneous No.: Any other suggestion for it? (SSN has other field for it)

Appreciate your responses.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
p.aparna78 said:
Thanks jes_ON & spprivate for your kind support. I still need clear answers for the below:

1. Employer and Address: Which employer address ? I am currently working on L1, do I need to give that employer name and address?
Not yours, the fingerprinter's. For example, "New York Police Department". At least this is how it was done when I used this card, and it was accepted. The fingerprinter is supposed to fill out the card, not you.

2. Aliases ( I don't have one): N/A
FINE.

3. Citizenship : Is it required to fill my current citizenship, India?
OF COURSE!

4. Your No.: What is this number?
The fingerprinter's. Leave blank.

5. FBI No.: I have taken finger prints today at local police department, but the police could not provide the FBI No. Can I put N/A for this?
LEAVE IT BLANK

6. Armed Forces No. ( I dn't have any) : N/A
FINE

7. Miscellaneous No.: Any other suggestion for it? (SSN has other field for it)
FINE. You can leave it blank or put your passport number in it (indicate Indian Passport, if that is correct)

spprivate

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/05/2010
Doc's Request.
05/06/2010
AOR Received.
12/09/2010
Here is a comprehensive guide

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cybersecurityforensicanalyst.com/images/FD-258.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.cybersecurityforensicanalyst.com/FD-258.htm&h=294&w=720&sz=46&tbnid=348zrXPRPzKhwM:&tbnh=57&tbnw=140&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfbi%2Bfingerprint%2Bcard&hl=en&usg=__19QjlNsPal7BsvXqGvkBvkliSjw=&ei=AWTkS9azHMP68Aa37JWdDA&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=7&ct=image&ved=0CC0Q9QEwBg

p.aparna78

May 2, 2010
Thanks friends...for your best answers.

Please see FAQ in fbi.gov site. According to the 3rd Q in this faq, the results should go back to the same person. So in that case am I supposed to give my friend address for correspondence? Will it not rejected if I do so? Please let us know if any one mentioned different address and got pcc without delay / rejection ...

spprivate

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/05/2010
Doc's Request.
05/06/2010
AOR Received.
12/09/2010
Not an issue.You will be sending request in name like

Aparna
Your friend's address.

As long as the letter is bearing your name you are good.