farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen currently living in Oslo, Norway. I came to Norway on 1st Nov 2016 for a year long work assignment. I had recently applied for police clearance certificate at the Indian embassy here at Oslo. They have provided me with the following letter:

There is no adverse information against Mr Faraz, holder of passport no. xxxxxx issued at Regional Passport Office, Delhi, India, for the period 01.11.2016 to 29.12.2016, which would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for Canada.

This letter is dated 29.12.2016. Will the above letter suffice? I asked about the dates and they said that they can only account for the time you are here and not before. Even CIC website says to get the PCC at the local consulate/embassy. Can anyone please share their experiences for getting PCC for India from outside India and the letter wording. Thanks in advance.

ubantu

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Yes , it is sufficient.

I am from Canada and I also received the same :)

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
farazh89 said:
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen currently living in Oslo, Norway. I came to Norway on 1st Nov 2016 for a year long work assignment. I had recently applied for police clearance certificate at the Indian embassy here at Oslo. They have provided me with the following letter:

There is no adverse information against Mr Faraz, holder of passport no. xxxxxx issued at Regional Passport Office, Delhi, India, for the period 01.11.2016 to 29.12.2016, which would render him ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for Canada.

This letter is dated 29.12.2016. Will the above letter suffice? I asked about the dates and they said that they can only account for the time you are here and not before. Even CIC website says to get the PCC at the local consulate/embassy. Can anyone please share their experiences for getting PCC for India from outside India and the letter wording. Thanks in advance.
ubantu said:
Yes , it is sufficient.

I am from Canada and I also received the same :)
Wrong.
If you are asking about the PCC requirement by IRCC for e-APR, then this isn't sufficient.

What you need is a PCC from the Indian embassy of Norway for the period of your stay in India since you attained 18 yrs. of age till the last day of stay there.

You would need another PCC from Norway authorities for your stay there from 1st Nov 2016 onwards and that should be dated such that it is no more than 6 months old at the time of application (e-APR) submission.

You would need additional PCCs for more than 6 months of your stay (if any) from every country since your adulthood.

Hope that clarifies...

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have got the PCC from Norway authorities as well which is fine.
This was the Indian PCC that I got from the Indian embassy here at Norway on 29th Dec. They said that this is the only one they can issue from here.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
farazh89 said:
I have got the PCC from Norway authorities as well which is fine.
This was the Indian PCC that I got from the Indian embassy here at Norway on 29th Dec. They said that this is the only one they can issue from here.
I understood that...Again not true.

They will issue you a PCC for your stay in India from whatever date to whatever date you ask for. Please beware your application will be rejected by CIC if you don't submit this.

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,, I am an Indian National and living in Sri Lanka..I am planning to apply for Indian PCC from Indian consulate in colombo tomorrow..

Can anybody please share a sample of Indian PCC from a consulate or share details like what dates etc it should mention etc..

TIA

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Chef Sumit said:
hi guys,, I am an Indian National and living in Sri Lanka..I am planning to apply for Indian PCC from Indian consulate in colombo tomorrow..

Can anybody please share a sample of Indian PCC from a consulate or share details like what dates etc it should mention etc..

TIA
Sample depends from embassy to embassy...so go ahead and apply from the Colombo consulate. I myself have got one from SriLankan authorities.

Ask for the dates since you attained 18 yrs of age (if you lived in India since then) till your last date of stay there provided it's more than 6 months.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
Sample depends from embassy to embassy...so go ahead and apply from the Colombo consulate. I myself have got one from Srilankan authorities.

Ask for the dates since you attained 18 yrs of age (if you lived in India since then) till your last date of stay there.
Thanks is it possible if you can share the draft?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Chef Sumit said:
Thanks is it possible if you can share the draft?
Mine isn't an Indian PCC. Mine is a SriLankan PCC from SriLankan authorities for my stay there.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
farazh89 said:
Hi,

Your lucky your Indian PCC has dates. I got the same thing from the Indian High Commission in London but no dates mentioned. The UK PCC has not dates mentioned either but it has my address, photograph, date of birth and all personal details.

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
Your lucky your Indian PCC has dates. I got the same thing from the Indian High Commission in London but no dates mentioned. The UK PCC has not dates mentioned either but it has my address, photograph, date of birth and all personal details.
Actually it's the opposite. My Indian PCC mentions the date of my stay in Norway. A dateless would have been better. The embassy was saying they cannot do that as they are a small mission. Will go down there again today to plead with them.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
Wrong.
If you are asking about the PCC requirement by IRCC for e-APR, then this isn't sufficient.

What you need is a PCC from the Indian embassy of Norway for the period of your stay in India since you attained 18 yrs. of age till the last day of stay there.

You would need another PCC from Norway authorities for your stay there from 1st Nov 2016 onwards and that should be dated such that it is no more than 6 months old at the time of application (e-APR) submission.

You would need additional PCCs for more than 6 months of your stay (if any) from every country since your adulthood.

Hope that clarifies...
if you are not an indian resident anymore, i believe that PCC would suffice... thats exactly the same PCC that I have received also.
if they needed exact dates of when i became 18, and all police related inforamtion since, they would have mentioned it clearly in the requirement form.
my passport was issued in UAE - FYI (Not sure if that info makes any difference)

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
if you are not an indian resident anymore, i believe that PCC would suffice... thats exactly the same PCC that I have received also.
if they needed exact dates of when i became 18, and all police related inforamtion since, they would have mentioned it clearly in the requirement form.
my passport was issued in UAE - FYI (Not sure if that info makes any difference)
Can you share the format of your indian PCC? Are the dates mentioned are the ones of your stay outside India?

skdubai

Nov 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
Yea.. Same here.. both my wife and I got the same thing from the consulate. That is the only PCC the consulate provides..

My wife's passport was issued in India, so I don't think that makes any diff..

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farazh89 said:
Can you share the format of your indian PCC? Are the dates mentioned are the ones of your stay outside India?
i got the PCC in EXACTLY the same format as yours, only difference being name and date... indian consulate will stamp your passport also saying PCC issued on so and so date...

im certain if you are living outside india, thats the only format of PCC you will get.

You will need PCC of the country you are living in also currently... obviously :)