+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate - Canadian Citizenship

Rakaviya

Oct 6, 2018
Hi Everyone

Me and my wife got our PR in Aug 2019 , but that time due to work I had to return to Singapore after soft landing and stayed there till Feb 2021 and was then permanently moved to Canada.

As of today I have been in Canada for 3 years + and would like to apply for citizenship along with my wife . But there is a requirement in the citizenship application to submit police certificate for any country where I have resided for more than 183 days in a row. So , I need to get a police certificate from Singapore but I don't have any document from ircc that requests for police certificate similar to the one we get during our PR application , so any ideas on how I can proceed here ?

Your help is appreciated !!!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Everyone

Me and my wife got our PR in Aug 2019 , but that time due to work I had to return to Singapore after soft landing and stayed there till Feb 2021 and was then permanently moved to Canada.

As of today I have been in Canada for 3 years + and would like to apply for citizenship along with my wife . But there is a requirement in the citizenship application to submit police certificate for any country where I have resided for more than 183 days in a row. So , I need to get a police certificate from Singapore but I don't have any document from ircc that requests for police certificate similar to the one we get during our PR application , so any ideas on how I can proceed here ?

Your help is appreciated !!!
For countries which require letter you submit without PCC and then IRCC will provide you one and then you submit the PCC.

Reactions: Rakaviya

Rakaviya

Oct 6, 2018
Thanks will try that .

But just checking if it is possible to submit the document checklist as a supporting document indicating that we need police certificate for citizenship application (or) contact IRCC upfront and get the letter prior itself. Because was doubtful if waiting for ircc to send the document might delay the citizenship process more

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks will try that .

But just checking if it is possible to submit the document checklist as a supporting document indicating that we need police certificate for citizenship application (or) contact IRCC upfront and get the letter prior itself. Because was doubtful if waiting for ircc to send the document might delay the citizenship process more
As 8 months is the official ETA these days, waiting for doc will cause a bit of delay.