+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate - Calgary

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hello,

I have a few questions (may be it will benefit future applicants as well) related to Police Certificate.

1) I have applied for Police Certificate from Calgary Police Services. I mentioned them that I need it (Criminal Record Check) for PNP. They asked me to fill up a form and charged me $30 (No bio-metrics and no photographs were taken). They said that if they came up with something (like name matching with some criminal record) then they will ask for fingerprints and so on. Now someone told me that it should be from RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) but when I check the RCMP website, it says one has to go to Local Police Services. Now I am puzzled what should I do? Please share your experience.

2) I have requested one of my relative to get my Police certificate from my home country. (a)Does it need to have any sort of Embassy/Consulate stamp? I am thinking to have him sent via courier service to me. (b) Is there any problem with it?

3) I have submitted my PCC at the time of study for study permit. After that I haven't been to my home country for more than 75 days in the past 3 years. Am I allowed to use that same old PCC from home country as I haven't been there after last clearance?

I'll appreciate your responses and specially those who have applied to IRCC and got the file no.

Thanks

anmolbhullar

Nov 9, 2011
For federal application you need a fingerprint pcc from Rcmp. I live in Edmonton, got mine here with no issues. Keep in mind not every police station can do a fingerprint check. The pcc from your home country needs to be issued within a year. Some people will say that if it was issued more than a year ago it is still valid if you didn't visit the country but it's not worth the risk. Get a new one. No need of embassy stamps. You can get from your local police station and get it mailed to you.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Thanks for the clarification bro on point 2 and 3.

I guess for PCC- Canada I'll go for fingerprinting to any accredited company as well (Just to be on the safe side). Meanwhile I'll wait for Calgary Police Services Certificate. I think I'll be submitting two certificates for Canada- Criminal Record Check (one from Police Service without Fingerprints - one from Accredited company with fingerprints)

CHANNO

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
anmolbhullar said:
For federal application you need a fingerprint pcc from Rcmp. I live in Edmonton, got mine here with no issues. Keep in mind not every police station can do a fingerprint check. The pcc from your home country needs to be issued within a year. Some people will say that if it was issued more than a year ago it is still valid if you didn't visit the country but it's not worth the risk. Get a new one. No need of embassy stamps. You can get from your local police station and get it mailed to you.
Hi Anmol,

How much time, does it take to get PCC from RCMP. I also live in Edmonton, please let me know the address of RCMP.

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
I think the RCMP police certificate is done at commissionaires Canada. Search for a local address for commissionaires.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
As per my info, there are a few accredited companies of which "Canada Corps of Commissionaires" is one.
You can check their nearby offices on this page:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/who-can-conduct-criminal-record-check

I don't know how much time will they take.

mongoose

Star Member
May 24, 2016
I assume you are about to submit PR application. You actually don't need it from RCMP, if you are living here.

anmolbhullar

Nov 9, 2011
CHANNO said:
Hi Anmol,

How much time, does it take to get PCC from RCMP. I also live in Edmonton, please let me know the address of RCMP.
There is a EPS office on the west side which only deals with issuing all kinds of PCCs. I applied for mine on monday and got it in mail on thursday. it is issued by RCMP office in ottawa.

anmolbhullar

Nov 9, 2011
I have a friend who applied for PR last year and submitted the non fingerprint PCC from local police. Last month CIC emailed him requesting a fingerprint PCC. It only costs $50 and processing time in within a week. So why delay your application by submitting the regular PCC

anmolbhullar

Nov 9, 2011
ayaz94 said:
Thanks for the clarification bro on point 2 and 3.

I guess for PCC- Canada I'll go for fingerprinting to any accredited company as well (Just to be on the safe side). Meanwhile I'll wait for Calgary Police Services Certificate. I think I'll be submitting two certificates for Canada- Criminal Record Check (one from Police Service without Fingerprints - one from Accredited company with fingerprints)
Bro you dont have to submit 2 PCCs . The one with fingerprints in enough. Because it is supposed to be more accurate than the regular criminal check.

CHANNO

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
moneywater said:
I think the RCMP police certificate is done at commissionaires Canada. Search for a local address for commissionaires.
Thanks bro for your prompt reply. I got the address of RCMP

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
anmolbhullar said:
Bro you dont have to submit 2 PCCs . The one with fingerprints in enough. Because it is supposed to be more accurate than the regular criminal check.
Thanks bro! I think you are right. I went today for fingerprinting (Morpho Global) and they said the same thing that CIC won't accept your regular PCC and they will ask you for a new one. They were saying it will take 10-12 days to reach to me. Hope so it will reach in that time.

This regular PCC from Police Services should be clarified on CIC or RCMP website that without fingerprinting it is of no use. I think I wasted my time and money but thanks to you guys who guided me at the right time before my submission.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
mongoose said:
I assume you are about to submit PR application. You actually don't need it from RCMP, if you are living here.
Yes I am about to submit my application to IRCC (CIC) but you definitely need PCC from RCMP as I have lived here for more than 6 months. It is mentioned on CIC website.

mongoose

Star Member
May 24, 2016
ayaz94 said:
Yes I am about to submit my application to IRCC (CIC) but you definitely need PCC from RCMP as I have lived here for more than 6 months. It is mentioned on CIC website.
No. CIC website says clearly that "If you live in Canada: The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions. You must bring: balabala". No need for it at application submission time.

CHANNO

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
anmolbhullar said:
There is a EPS office on the west side which only deals with issuing all kinds of PCCs. I applied for mine on monday and got it in mail on thursday. it is issued by RCMP office in ottawa.
Anmol, Thank you very much for your prompt reply and support. I got regular PCC but now I have also applied for PCC with fingerprint as suggested by you.

Are there your own signatures & photograph also on your PCC?